Utah Highway Patrol,
FISHLAKE NATIONAL FOREST — A Utah Highway Patrol trooper suffered minor injuries Friday while investigating a crash on I-70.
Trooper Rod Elmer, who has been employed with UHP for 14 years, had pulled over near mile marker 15 in Clear Creek Canyon just before 5 p.m. to assist with a crash when a second vehicle lost control on the slick road, striking the patrol car. Elmer was still inside the car when it was hit from behind.
Both Elmer and the driver of the car were taken by ambulance to an area hospital with minor injuries. Elmer was released Friday evening.
The Sevier County Sheriff's Office is investigating the crash.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 19