USU basketball: Aggie women’s basketball hosts San Jose State on Play4Kay Day on Saturday
Utah State women’s basketball (12-10, 9-2 WAC) concludes a pivotal three-game homestand against San Jose State (9-13, 6-5 WAC) on Saturday, Feb. 9, at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum at 7 p.m. in the team’s annual Play4Kay game in support of breast cancer awareness.
Fans wearing pink will get free admittance. The first 200 fans in attendance will receive a free Utah State women’s basketball t-shirt. Utah State is 4-1 in Play4Kay games at home.
USU has now won six-straight games and 10 of its last 12 games.
Senior guard Devyn Christensen inches closer and closer to the all-time Utah State scoring record. After a 28-point performance against Seattle on Feb. 2, she has 1,345 points. Jerrie McGahan (1977-80) is the all-time scoring leader at USU with 1,353 points scored during her time at Utah State.
Utah State holds a solid 11-4 record against San Jose State since the Aggies joined the WAC for the 2005-06 season, but the Spartans won the last meeting in San Jose on Jan. 12. USU is 11-5 against SJSU with the first meeting taking place on Nov. 20, 1980, with the Spartans taking an 88-66 win. Utah State has won 10 of the last 11 meetings.
The Spartans have gone 5-2 since their last meeting with Utah State. Overall, SJSU is 9-13 and 6-5 in WAC action. Last week, San Jose State split games with a win over Seattle and a loss to Idaho.
Following the game against San Jose State, USU hits the road for a pair of road matches against Denver on Thursday, Feb. 14, and New Mexico State on Saturday, Feb. 16. Both games are set to tip off at 7 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- 1A boys basketball tournament: roundup of...
- BYU football: Christian Stewart returns to...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- Morning links: Jazz's sudden rise; SI breaks...
- Dick Harmon: Work of BYU's new strength coach...
- The name game: pronouncing the names of the...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 74
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 42
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 41
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40