USU basketball: Aggie women’s basketball hosts San Jose State on Play4Kay Day on Saturday
Utah State women’s basketball (12-10, 9-2 WAC) concludes a pivotal three-game homestand against San Jose State (9-13, 6-5 WAC) on Saturday, Feb. 9, at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum at 7 p.m. in the team’s annual Play4Kay game in support of breast cancer awareness.
Fans wearing pink will get free admittance. The first 200 fans in attendance will receive a free Utah State women’s basketball t-shirt. Utah State is 4-1 in Play4Kay games at home.
USU has now won six-straight games and 10 of its last 12 games.
Senior guard Devyn Christensen inches closer and closer to the all-time Utah State scoring record. After a 28-point performance against Seattle on Feb. 2, she has 1,345 points. Jerrie McGahan (1977-80) is the all-time scoring leader at USU with 1,353 points scored during her time at Utah State.
Utah State holds a solid 11-4 record against San Jose State since the Aggies joined the WAC for the 2005-06 season, but the Spartans won the last meeting in San Jose on Jan. 12. USU is 11-5 against SJSU with the first meeting taking place on Nov. 20, 1980, with the Spartans taking an 88-66 win. Utah State has won 10 of the last 11 meetings.
The Spartans have gone 5-2 since their last meeting with Utah State. Overall, SJSU is 9-13 and 6-5 in WAC action. Last week, San Jose State split games with a win over Seattle and a loss to Idaho.
Following the game against San Jose State, USU hits the road for a pair of road matches against Denver on Thursday, Feb. 14, and New Mexico State on Saturday, Feb. 16. Both games are set to tip off at 7 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27