In “Assassins,” the award-winning composer “also takes themes from distinctly American composers throughout the 150 years that this play covers, from the end of the Civil War to the 1980s. Each of his songs has a motif that it follows, whether it’s Stephen Foster or Aaron Copland. I think the song ‘I Am Unworthy of Your Love’ sounds very pop, as if composers like Burt Bacharach or Marvin Hamlisch would have written it in the ’80s.”
In addition, “we have very talented cast members, and they are doing a phenomenal job interpreting this material,” she summarizes. “And I’m looking forward to people hearing it.”
Content advisory: profane, adult language and themes
If you go
What: Stephen Sondheim’s “Assassins”
Where: Ziegfeld Theatre in Ogden Feb. 14-17 and the Rose Wagner Theatre in Salt Lake Feb. 28-March 3
How much: $25-$17
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- Police officer suicide needs to be addressed,...
- System failure to blame for delayed Saturday...
- Charges: Magna mom got 13-year-old son drunk
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive on...
- Families celebrate Christmas traditions as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 111
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 50
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 27
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 27
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 26
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 26
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18