In “Assassins,” the award-winning composer “also takes themes from distinctly American composers throughout the 150 years that this play covers, from the end of the Civil War to the 1980s. Each of his songs has a motif that it follows, whether it’s Stephen Foster or Aaron Copland. I think the song ‘I Am Unworthy of Your Love’ sounds very pop, as if composers like Burt Bacharach or Marvin Hamlisch would have written it in the ’80s.”
In addition, “we have very talented cast members, and they are doing a phenomenal job interpreting this material,” she summarizes. “And I’m looking forward to people hearing it.”
Content advisory: profane, adult language and themes
If you go
What: Stephen Sondheim’s “Assassins”
Where: Ziegfeld Theatre in Ogden Feb. 14-17 and the Rose Wagner Theatre in Salt Lake Feb. 28-March 3
How much: $25-$17
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at question...
- Bear scare: 'Baden and Logan saved my life.'
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- 7-year-old girl who met Justin Bieber passes...
- Miss Utah USA's bungled interview creates...
- Impeachment investigation 'highly likely,'...
- Man charged with attempted murder in Ogden...
- Miss Utah USA's bungled interview... 38
- BYU poll: Majority favor impeachment,... 29
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at... 26
- Teen's family apologizes to family of... 21
- 2 others back up extortion claims... 21
- Attorneys for AG John Swallow say... 20
- Gunman caught after shooting... 20
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 19