In “Assassins,” the award-winning composer “also takes themes from distinctly American composers throughout the 150 years that this play covers, from the end of the Civil War to the 1980s. Each of his songs has a motif that it follows, whether it’s Stephen Foster or Aaron Copland. I think the song ‘I Am Unworthy of Your Love’ sounds very pop, as if composers like Burt Bacharach or Marvin Hamlisch would have written it in the ’80s.”
In addition, “we have very talented cast members, and they are doing a phenomenal job interpreting this material,” she summarizes. “And I’m looking forward to people hearing it.”
Content advisory: profane, adult language and themes
If you go
What: Stephen Sondheim’s “Assassins”
Where: Ziegfeld Theatre in Ogden Feb. 14-17 and the Rose Wagner Theatre in Salt Lake Feb. 28-March 3
How much: $25-$17
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- 'We're not going to stop'
- Photos: Olympian Noelle Pikus-Pace speaks to...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- No money for House Speaker Becky Lockhart's...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 34
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 17
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 11