These 5 buzzer-beaters have implications on this year's NCAA tournament
With the storm that is March Madness quickly approaching, college basketball teams throughout the country are trying to pad their NCAA tournament resumes with quality wins.
Sometimes, those victories — or defeats — come down to a final shot.
Thursday night was a perfect example, as the No. 1 Indiana Hoosiers were upended at the buzzer by Illinois, a team on the NCAA tournament bubble. Out West, UCLA and Washington went down to the wire before the Bruins prevailed on a fallaway shot in the final seconds.
These incidents aren't alone. When January rolls around, the pressure and intensity to produce turns up, and the past month has created several pressure-packed games that came down to a final shot.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 42
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6