These 5 buzzer-beaters have implications on this year's NCAA tournament
With the storm that is March Madness quickly approaching, college basketball teams throughout the country are trying to pad their NCAA tournament resumes with quality wins.
Sometimes, those victories — or defeats — come down to a final shot.
Thursday night was a perfect example, as the No. 1 Indiana Hoosiers were upended at the buzzer by Illinois, a team on the NCAA tournament bubble. Out West, UCLA and Washington went down to the wire before the Bruins prevailed on a fallaway shot in the final seconds.
These incidents aren't alone. When January rolls around, the pressure and intensity to produce turns up, and the past month has created several pressure-packed games that came down to a final shot.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26