These 5 buzzer-beaters have implications on this year's NCAA tournament
With the storm that is March Madness quickly approaching, college basketball teams throughout the country are trying to pad their NCAA tournament resumes with quality wins.
Sometimes, those victories — or defeats — come down to a final shot.
Thursday night was a perfect example, as the No. 1 Indiana Hoosiers were upended at the buzzer by Illinois, a team on the NCAA tournament bubble. Out West, UCLA and Washington went down to the wire before the Bruins prevailed on a fallaway shot in the final seconds.
These incidents aren't alone. When January rolls around, the pressure and intensity to produce turns up, and the past month has created several pressure-packed games that came down to a final shot.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28