SALT LAKE CITY — Two adults found dead Friday inside a vehicle on an I-80 off-ramp were likely killed in a murder-suicide, police said.
A female driver and male passenger were located inside an SUV pulled to the right side of the ramp near Redwood Road. Investigators said both victims appeared to have gunshot wounds to the head.
"It appears the driver was shot first, and then the passenger shot himself," Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Steven Winward said.
The vehicle's occupants were identified as Felipe Rodriguez, 37, and Iris Rodriguez, 32.
The incident took place around 9 a.m. UHP troopers were notified by a witness who saw the vehicle leave the roadway, Winward said. The vehicle has a Utah license plate, and investigators believe the victims were local residents.
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 99
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 48
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 30
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24