SALT LAKE CITY — Two adults found dead Friday inside a vehicle on an I-80 off-ramp were likely killed in a murder-suicide, police said.
A female driver and male passenger were located inside an SUV pulled to the right side of the ramp near Redwood Road. Investigators said both victims appeared to have gunshot wounds to the head.
"It appears the driver was shot first, and then the passenger shot himself," Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Steven Winward said.
The vehicle's occupants were identified as Felipe Rodriguez, 37, and Iris Rodriguez, 32.
The incident took place around 9 a.m. UHP troopers were notified by a witness who saw the vehicle leave the roadway, Winward said. The vehicle has a Utah license plate, and investigators believe the victims were local residents.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14