SALT LAKE CITY — Two adults found dead Friday inside a vehicle on an I-80 off-ramp were likely killed in a murder-suicide, police said.
A female driver and male passenger were located inside an SUV pulled to the right side of the ramp near Redwood Road. Investigators said both victims appeared to have gunshot wounds to the head.
"It appears the driver was shot first, and then the passenger shot himself," Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Steven Winward said.
The vehicle's occupants were identified as Felipe Rodriguez, 37, and Iris Rodriguez, 32.
The incident took place around 9 a.m. UHP troopers were notified by a witness who saw the vehicle leave the roadway, Winward said. The vehicle has a Utah license plate, and investigators believe the victims were local residents.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 16
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 10