SALT LAKE CITY — Two adults found dead Friday inside a vehicle on an I-80 off-ramp were likely killed in a murder-suicide, police said.
A female driver and male passenger were located inside an SUV pulled to the right side of the ramp near Redwood Road. Investigators said both victims appeared to have gunshot wounds to the head.
"It appears the driver was shot first, and then the passenger shot himself," Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Steven Winward said.
The vehicle's occupants were identified as Felipe Rodriguez, 37, and Iris Rodriguez, 32.
The incident took place around 9 a.m. UHP troopers were notified by a witness who saw the vehicle leave the roadway, Winward said. The vehicle has a Utah license plate, and investigators believe the victims were local residents.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 35
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17