SALT LAKE CITY — Two adults found dead Friday inside a vehicle on an I-80 off-ramp were likely killed in a murder-suicide, police said.
A female driver and male passenger were located inside an SUV pulled to the right side of the ramp near Redwood Road. Investigators said both victims appeared to have gunshot wounds to the head.
"It appears the driver was shot first, and then the passenger shot himself," Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Steven Winward said.
The vehicle's occupants were identified as Felipe Rodriguez, 37, and Iris Rodriguez, 32.
The incident took place around 9 a.m. UHP troopers were notified by a witness who saw the vehicle leave the roadway, Winward said. The vehicle has a Utah license plate, and investigators believe the victims were local residents.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9