SALT LAKE CITY — Two adults found dead Friday inside a vehicle on an I-80 off-ramp were likely killed in a murder-suicide, police said.
A female driver and male passenger were located inside an SUV pulled to the right side of the ramp near Redwood Road. Investigators said both victims appeared to have gunshot wounds to the head.
"It appears the driver was shot first, and then the passenger shot himself," Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Steven Winward said.
The vehicle's occupants were identified as Felipe Rodriguez, 37, and Iris Rodriguez, 32.
The incident took place around 9 a.m. UHP troopers were notified by a witness who saw the vehicle leave the roadway, Winward said. The vehicle has a Utah license plate, and investigators believe the victims were local residents.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 14