SALT LAKE CITY — Two adults found dead Friday inside a vehicle on an I-80 off-ramp were likely killed in a murder-suicide, police said.
A female driver and male passenger were located inside an SUV pulled to the right side of the ramp near Redwood Road. Investigators said both victims appeared to have gunshot wounds to the head.
"It appears the driver was shot first, and then the passenger shot himself," Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Steven Winward said.
The vehicle's occupants were identified as Felipe Rodriguez, 37, and Iris Rodriguez, 32.
The incident took place around 9 a.m. UHP troopers were notified by a witness who saw the vehicle leave the roadway, Winward said. The vehicle has a Utah license plate, and investigators believe the victims were local residents.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 81
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 59
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12