SALT LAKE CITY — Two adults found dead Friday inside a vehicle on an I-80 off-ramp were likely killed in a murder-suicide, police said.
A female driver and male passenger were located inside an SUV pulled to the right side of the ramp near Redwood Road. Investigators said both victims appeared to have gunshot wounds to the head.
"It appears the driver was shot first, and then the passenger shot himself," Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Steven Winward said.
The vehicle's occupants were identified as Felipe Rodriguez, 37, and Iris Rodriguez, 32.
The incident took place around 9 a.m. UHP troopers were notified by a witness who saw the vehicle leave the roadway, Winward said. The vehicle has a Utah license plate, and investigators believe the victims were local residents.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Utahns stay out late to see lunar eclipse
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- Was deal in City Creek shooting plot yanked...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 54
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Lawmakers to BLM: Sending seized Nevada... 22