Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The largest credit card issuers in the nation show "love" for customers this Valentine's by offering specific rewards, according to a press release by Card Hub.
“You’re obviously not going to apply for a new card simply because one particular issuer is offering a good Valentine’s Day promotion, but you should definitely see what your current credit card company has cooking before making any purchases in case there are savings to be had,” said Odysseas Papadimitriou. “With that said, be careful not to get overly swayed by creative marketing copy or advertised savings percentages.”
If you are going to buy a nice Valentine's gift this year, here are offers from five credit card issuers to look out for, according to Card Hub.
Costumers enrolled in membership rewards can redeem points for gifts from retailers like 1-800 Flowers or other large Valentine's Day companies, Card Hub says. Credit card users receive at least 20 percent off the points price.
Money-saving offers from select merchants are offered year-round, but they change on a weekly basis. Companies like ProFlowers, FTD, 1-800 Flowers, Cherry Moon Farms, Red Envelopes, Shari’s Berries and Personal Creations are offered closer to Valentine's Day, Card Hub reports.
Bank of America
Bank of America's ongoing program called BankAmericDeals provides cash-back deals at stores and restaurants like Redbox, according to Card Hub. If they shop using online banking or mobile banking, they receive cash-back on their regular shopping and dining purchases.
Along with several of the companies included in Capitol One, Chase offers points for Blue Nile and Godiva as well, Card Hub reports. Books and electronics or other purchases on Amazon.com can be payed with "ultimate rewards" directly on Amazon.
On the ShopDiscover.com site, Card Hub says 12 retailers increased cash-back bonus including 1-800 Baskets, 1-800 Flowers, Avon, Bliss, Godiva, Jewelry.com, The Limited, Nordstrom, SaksFifthAvenue, Sephora, Shari’s Berries and Zales.
- Here's an odd way to make it through college...
- The average Joe only works 4.5 hours a day....
- Dave Ramsey says: 3 traps to avoid after...
- The president wants to extend overtime...
- Michelle Singletary: A woman's place is on...
- Balancing act: Poll: Family finance concerns...
- Your commute just got a lot less stressful...
- The laziest states in the U.S.
- Michelle Singletary: A woman's place is... 10
- The president wants to extend overtime... 9
- How 20-somethings have an advantage... 5
- Beware of rental scams involving... 2
- Here's an odd way to make it through... 2
- The laziest states in the U.S. 1
- The slow death of the 9-to-5 workday 1
- The average Joe only works 4.5 hours a... 1