BYU track: Cougars head to Husky Classic and Air Force Team Challenge
PROVO, Utah – After a good performance in New York last week, the No. 20 BYU men's track and field team will send athletes to compete at the Husky Classic and Air Force Team Challenge this weekend.
"This is practically the last week of the regular season for us, so it's do or die for some of these guys," head coach Mark Robison said. "We're hoping to see some good things out of Cade (Lindahl) and Ryan (Waite). They're both extremely talented and we expect to see them perform well."
The Husky Classic will take place Friday and Saturday at the University of Washington. BYU will send most of its track athletes to the Husky Classic to compete against the likes of No. 2 Florida, No. 10 Arizona, No. 16 Florida State and other tough competition. The field athletes will make their way to Colorado Springs to compete in the Air Force Team Challenge on Saturday.
BYU will run its first 4 x 400-meter relay of the season on Saturday at the Husky Classic. The Cougars haven't been able to run in the event this year due to injuries to senior sprinter Rhyan Atrice and freshman Korey Smith.
David Graham, who finished third in the 800-meter relay at last week's Armory Collegiate Invitational, will compete in the 800 in Washington on Saturday. At the Air Force Team Challenge, Victor Weirich and Braydon Bringhurst are expected to deliver strong performances in the pole vault.
Visit the BYU men's track and field schedule page to find more information about the events. Check back at the men's track and field home page after the events finish each day for a complete recap.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- 3A boys state tournament quarterfinals...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 89
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 81
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 55
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 29