Utah Jazz: Chicago Bulls, Carlos Boozer back in town for big night
Boozer's defensive struggles and his health condition — or perceived lack of commitment to play through pain a la Karl Malone — set the stage for a sometimes rocky relationship with the fan base.
Corbin doesn't believe that's fair.
"The guy's character, knowing Booz, he didn't want to miss games. He wanted to be out there with his teammates," Corbin said. "It hurt him more than anything that he was hurt and he couldn't be about there helping his team. I don't know if the criticism was justified. If you're hurt, you're hurt. What can you do?"
Not proclaim yourself to be healthy the day after the season ends?
Maybe watch for bags in dark corners of your house?
When Boozer was on the court, though, he and Williams trailed only Stockton & Malone on the all-time Jazz 1-2 punch list.
"People talk about the games he was out because he was hurt, but the games that he played when he was healthy, he was a tremendous asset for us," Corbin said. "He is a great guy, first of all, a great teammate, a great guy to work with. I spent a lot of time working with him off the court outside of games, but he's just a great human being and we really enjoyed the time we spent together here."
Millsap, who played in Boozer's shadow to begin his career, is the only Jazz player who was on the team when the Duke product was in Utah. Like Corbin, Millsap only had positive stuff to say.
"I remember he was a great player for us. He was a great player here, an All-Star player a few times," said Millsap whose numbers (14.9 ppg, 7.4 rpg) are just under Boozer's (15.7 ppg, 9.6 rpg) this season.
"I had great memories with him. We made it to the Western Conference Finals one year with him. A lot of memories."
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28