RIVERTON — Science teachers at South Hills Middle School have been recognized as Utah's Outstanding Science Department.
The award is presented each year by the Utah Science Teachers Association. Science departments are judged on contributions to their school, community and state, as well as student-teacher involvement and collaboration.
In addition, teacher Nancy Beckman was chosen as outstanding seventh-grade science teacher by the USTA.
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 16