SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake City School District teacher and student were honored at the 2013 Utah Association of Gifted Children Conference.
Extended Learning Program teacher Dalene Teichert was the recipient of the Calvin W. Taylor Outstanding Educator Award. The award is designed to recognize an exemplary Utah educator of gifted and talented youth. It was established to honor educators who greatly impact the lives of their students.
The Nicholas Green Award was awarded to Christine Huang, a sixth-grade student at Wasatch Elementary School, for her distinguished performance in academics and the arts. The award, sponsored by the National Association of Gifted Children and funded by the Nicholas Green Foundation, recognizes students in third through sixth grades who have distinguished themselves in academics, leadership or the arts.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16