SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake City School District teacher and student were honored at the 2013 Utah Association of Gifted Children Conference.
Extended Learning Program teacher Dalene Teichert was the recipient of the Calvin W. Taylor Outstanding Educator Award. The award is designed to recognize an exemplary Utah educator of gifted and talented youth. It was established to honor educators who greatly impact the lives of their students.
The Nicholas Green Award was awarded to Christine Huang, a sixth-grade student at Wasatch Elementary School, for her distinguished performance in academics and the arts. The award, sponsored by the National Association of Gifted Children and funded by the Nicholas Green Foundation, recognizes students in third through sixth grades who have distinguished themselves in academics, leadership or the arts.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18