SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake City School District teacher and student were honored at the 2013 Utah Association of Gifted Children Conference.
Extended Learning Program teacher Dalene Teichert was the recipient of the Calvin W. Taylor Outstanding Educator Award. The award is designed to recognize an exemplary Utah educator of gifted and talented youth. It was established to honor educators who greatly impact the lives of their students.
The Nicholas Green Award was awarded to Christine Huang, a sixth-grade student at Wasatch Elementary School, for her distinguished performance in academics and the arts. The award, sponsored by the National Association of Gifted Children and funded by the Nicholas Green Foundation, recognizes students in third through sixth grades who have distinguished themselves in academics, leadership or the arts.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19