DELTA — Birdwatchers can flock to the Utah Snow Goose Festival Feb. 22-24 at Gunnison Bend Reservoir.
Admission is free. As many as 20,000 geese — mostly snow geese — have been at the reservoir during past festivals.
Attendees should bring binoculars or a spotting scope to view the geese and not get too close to avoid scaring the geese away.
“We’ll provide spotting scopes so you can get a close look at the geese,” said Bob Walters, Watchable Wildlife program coordinator for the Division of Wildlife Resources. “We’ll also be available to answer any questions you have.”
For more information, visit www.deltagoosefestival.com.
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Artifact vandalism near Moab a growing problem
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 49
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 24
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 22