DELTA — Birdwatchers can flock to the Utah Snow Goose Festival Feb. 22-24 at Gunnison Bend Reservoir.
Admission is free. As many as 20,000 geese — mostly snow geese — have been at the reservoir during past festivals.
Attendees should bring binoculars or a spotting scope to view the geese and not get too close to avoid scaring the geese away.
“We’ll provide spotting scopes so you can get a close look at the geese,” said Bob Walters, Watchable Wildlife program coordinator for the Division of Wildlife Resources. “We’ll also be available to answer any questions you have.”
For more information, visit www.deltagoosefestival.com.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 163
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 11
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10