DELTA — Birdwatchers can flock to the Utah Snow Goose Festival Feb. 22-24 at Gunnison Bend Reservoir.
Admission is free. As many as 20,000 geese — mostly snow geese — have been at the reservoir during past festivals.
Attendees should bring binoculars or a spotting scope to view the geese and not get too close to avoid scaring the geese away.
“We’ll provide spotting scopes so you can get a close look at the geese,” said Bob Walters, Watchable Wildlife program coordinator for the Division of Wildlife Resources. “We’ll also be available to answer any questions you have.”
For more information, visit www.deltagoosefestival.com.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15