SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Mayor's Office and the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Utah are holding a symposium on the connection between the U. and surrounding neighborhoods.
The theme for this year's event is “Completing the Circle: The University & Surrounding Neighborhoods.” The program is open to the public and will be held from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 14 at the West Institute, 170 S. University St. Refreshments will be served.
"The Circle" refers to Presidents Circle on the U. campus, but the U-shaped gateway to campus ends where the university meets the adjacent University Gardens business district.
The mayor's symposium will gather experts from the neighborhood, Salt Lake City and academia to share their ideas for enhancing connections between the school and the neighborhood
A complete schedule and list of speakers is available online.
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6
- Burger King Japan's latest meal is the new black
- Riverton Hospital expansion aims to meet...
- Phone lines are open: Customers camp out for...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Labor commissioner appoints new Utah OSHA...
- Financial interventions don't work
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 4
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2