SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Mayor's Office and the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Utah are holding a symposium on the connection between the U. and surrounding neighborhoods.
The theme for this year's event is “Completing the Circle: The University & Surrounding Neighborhoods.” The program is open to the public and will be held from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 14 at the West Institute, 170 S. University St. Refreshments will be served.
"The Circle" refers to Presidents Circle on the U. campus, but the U-shaped gateway to campus ends where the university meets the adjacent University Gardens business district.
The mayor's symposium will gather experts from the neighborhood, Salt Lake City and academia to share their ideas for enhancing connections between the school and the neighborhood
A complete schedule and list of speakers is available online.
- Why your co-workers come to work sick
- Local government board fostered 'culture of...
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas...
- 5 tips for a successful job interview
- Family whose 3-year-old daughter has cancer...
- Business says thanks by donating 10 bicycles...
- Millions being spent gambling at 2 bingo...
- Why workers aren't taking vacation time, and...
- Local government board fostered... 16
- Salt Lake's 'passive' house a model of... 6
- Provo airport expansion could provide... 5
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas... 4
- Millions being spent gambling at 2... 3
- Why your co-workers come to work sick 1
- 5 tips for a successful job interview 1
- Family whose 3-year-old daughter has... 1