SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Mayor's Office and the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Utah are holding a symposium on the connection between the U. and surrounding neighborhoods.
The theme for this year's event is “Completing the Circle: The University & Surrounding Neighborhoods.” The program is open to the public and will be held from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 14 at the West Institute, 170 S. University St. Refreshments will be served.
"The Circle" refers to Presidents Circle on the U. campus, but the U-shaped gateway to campus ends where the university meets the adjacent University Gardens business district.
The mayor's symposium will gather experts from the neighborhood, Salt Lake City and academia to share their ideas for enhancing connections between the school and the neighborhood
A complete schedule and list of speakers is available online.
- Feds: Utah companies accused of conducting...
- Mark Zuckerberg is taking two months...
- 5 Utah E. coli cases linked to Costco chicken...
- In time for the holidays, S.L. Comic Con...
- Salt Lake chef wins round in 'Holiday Baking...
- 5 ways you drive away millennial employees
- Dave Ramsey says: Include minor car repairs...
- Man killed in Salt Lake industrial accident
- 5 ways you drive away millennial employees 14
- Pfizer, Allergan $160B deal forms... 6
- Utah liquor commission going slow on... 4
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 4
- Russian military says its bombing... 3
- Confusion over ISIS name leads to... 2
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.6... 1
- U.S. is the richest country, but... 1