SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Mayor's Office and the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Utah are holding a symposium on the connection between the U. and surrounding neighborhoods.
The theme for this year's event is “Completing the Circle: The University & Surrounding Neighborhoods.” The program is open to the public and will be held from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 14 at the West Institute, 170 S. University St. Refreshments will be served.
"The Circle" refers to Presidents Circle on the U. campus, but the U-shaped gateway to campus ends where the university meets the adjacent University Gardens business district.
The mayor's symposium will gather experts from the neighborhood, Salt Lake City and academia to share their ideas for enhancing connections between the school and the neighborhood
A complete schedule and list of speakers is available online.
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view milestone;...
- Intermountain Healthcare offering benefits to...
- Google taking steps toward robot creation
- UTA's six-person group pass is here for the...
- Green energy option in Logan points to a need...
- Start thinking about retirement while in your...
- Obama declares health care law is... 20
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah... 3