SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Mayor's Office and the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Utah are holding a symposium on the connection between the U. and surrounding neighborhoods.
The theme for this year's event is “Completing the Circle: The University & Surrounding Neighborhoods.” The program is open to the public and will be held from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 14 at the West Institute, 170 S. University St. Refreshments will be served.
"The Circle" refers to Presidents Circle on the U. campus, but the U-shaped gateway to campus ends where the university meets the adjacent University Gardens business district.
The mayor's symposium will gather experts from the neighborhood, Salt Lake City and academia to share their ideas for enhancing connections between the school and the neighborhood
A complete schedule and list of speakers is available online.
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- WestJet airline video goes viral as Santa...
- The Grand America and the Flower Patch: Once...
- University of Utah Health Care's AirMed puts...
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and Canada
- Utah website designed to make sending...
- 2 financial goals you should revisit every year
- Utah gas prices among lowest in nation
- The American Dream is still alive for... 11
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies,... 8
- WestJet airline video goes viral as... 3
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and... 3
- Healthy jobs report a good sign for... 2
- The Grand America and the Flower Patch:... 2