SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Mayor's Office and the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Utah are holding a symposium on the connection between the U. and surrounding neighborhoods.
The theme for this year's event is “Completing the Circle: The University & Surrounding Neighborhoods.” The program is open to the public and will be held from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 14 at the West Institute, 170 S. University St. Refreshments will be served.
"The Circle" refers to Presidents Circle on the U. campus, but the U-shaped gateway to campus ends where the university meets the adjacent University Gardens business district.
The mayor's symposium will gather experts from the neighborhood, Salt Lake City and academia to share their ideas for enhancing connections between the school and the neighborhood
A complete schedule and list of speakers is available online.
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right to...
- Mountain Point Medical Center opens in Lehi
- Why the presidential candidate who won't win...
- The key ingredient to a more fulfilling life
- 1 number you should check each year to avoid...
- Hispanic chamber convention touts women...
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after...
- Index funds: A low cost way to solid...
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 33
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 15
- More jobs are available, but new grads... 5
- Media CEOs are the highest-paid... 3
- Why the presidential candidate who... 3
- Chobani founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya... 1
- Balancing act: Does parenting bring... 1