USU gymnastics: Aggies set to host Air Force in dual meet Friday
Back from another week on the road, Utah State gymnastics returns to the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum to host the Air Force Falcons on Friday, Feb. 8 at 7 p.m.
The Aggies are 1-4 on the season so far, coming off a close loss to Western Athletic Conference rivals Southern Utah. The team had its best score of the season with 194.200, falling just short of SUU's 195.425.
The Falcons are 3-5 this season, most recently coming off a quad-meet in Denver where they fell to No. 11 Denver, then-No. 24 North Carolina State and San Jose State. USAFA is averaging a score of 191.756 in its meets so far this season. Air Force scored the best team score in two seasons with 193.225 coming in a home quad-meet against UC Davis, Texas University and Missouri on Jan. 26.
Though not extensive, Utah State and Air Force have a competition history. The Aggies lead the Falcons, 9-1, but this will be Air Force’s first trip to Logan. Most recently the two met in a quad-meet at the University of Arizona during the 2012 season. USU finished third in that meet with a total score of 192.975, while Air Force finished fourth with an overall score of 192.175.
The Aggies are back on the road next weekend, starting their longest road trip of the season. First up is a tri-meet at San Jose State on Friday, Feb. 15, when USU will take on WAC-rival SJSU as well as Brown University. The trip will continue with a quad-meet in Denver on Feb. 23, then back to California for a dual-meet at Sacramento State on March 1.
Live results for Friday's meet are available by clicking on the "Live Results" and "Watch Live" links on the USU website. There will be a small fee to watch the video feed and the live stats link will only work once the meet has started.
For USU gymnastics ticket information, contact the USU Ticket Office at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum by calling 1-888-USTATE-1 or online.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Doug Robinson: The one position the Utes...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 94
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30