Utah Jazz notebook: Good price, but will team take Karl Malone up on his coaching offer?
"I love Paul Millsap and he's going to play somewhere all he want to. If you're making me choose between one or the other — and I'm Tech Nation, Paul Millsap — Al Jefferson, to me, is a bigger guy that would do more damage at that position if you can't bring but one of them back," Malone said. "Try to bring both back. Whatever you do, do not get rid of these two young kids (Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter).
PROUD PAPA: Karl Malone Jr. joined ESPN 700 and his dad for the beginning of the interview to talk about signing to play football for LSU.
"I cried today. I'm a man, but I cried," The Mailman admitted to the radio hosts. "I'm so wept up that I signed the wrong spot on the scholarship."
The Louisiana Tech guy said he's even sporting some Tigers gear in support of his son. He also said the University of Utah tried to recruit KJ. "I'm absolutely ecstatic that he's playing football and not basketball. He gets to name his own name for himself. He worked his butt off," Malone said of the 6-4, 290-pound offensive lineman, who prepped at Cedar Creek School in Ruston, La.
"This is something he earned on his own. He didn't earn it from his dad. I played basketball. Wrong sport. It's going to be pressure on him no matter what because of his last name. But the most important thing that he needs to do is just continue to play, continue to improve and whatever he do, stay humble."
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26