Utah Jazz notebook: Good price, but will team take Karl Malone up on his coaching offer?
"I love Paul Millsap and he's going to play somewhere all he want to. If you're making me choose between one or the other — and I'm Tech Nation, Paul Millsap — Al Jefferson, to me, is a bigger guy that would do more damage at that position if you can't bring but one of them back," Malone said. "Try to bring both back. Whatever you do, do not get rid of these two young kids (Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter).
PROUD PAPA: Karl Malone Jr. joined ESPN 700 and his dad for the beginning of the interview to talk about signing to play football for LSU.
"I cried today. I'm a man, but I cried," The Mailman admitted to the radio hosts. "I'm so wept up that I signed the wrong spot on the scholarship."
The Louisiana Tech guy said he's even sporting some Tigers gear in support of his son. He also said the University of Utah tried to recruit KJ. "I'm absolutely ecstatic that he's playing football and not basketball. He gets to name his own name for himself. He worked his butt off," Malone said of the 6-4, 290-pound offensive lineman, who prepped at Cedar Creek School in Ruston, La.
"This is something he earned on his own. He didn't earn it from his dad. I played basketball. Wrong sport. It's going to be pressure on him no matter what because of his last name. But the most important thing that he needs to do is just continue to play, continue to improve and whatever he do, stay humble."
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 13