Utah Jazz notebook: Good price, but will team take Karl Malone up on his coaching offer?
"I love Paul Millsap and he's going to play somewhere all he want to. If you're making me choose between one or the other — and I'm Tech Nation, Paul Millsap — Al Jefferson, to me, is a bigger guy that would do more damage at that position if you can't bring but one of them back," Malone said. "Try to bring both back. Whatever you do, do not get rid of these two young kids (Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter).
PROUD PAPA: Karl Malone Jr. joined ESPN 700 and his dad for the beginning of the interview to talk about signing to play football for LSU.
"I cried today. I'm a man, but I cried," The Mailman admitted to the radio hosts. "I'm so wept up that I signed the wrong spot on the scholarship."
The Louisiana Tech guy said he's even sporting some Tigers gear in support of his son. He also said the University of Utah tried to recruit KJ. "I'm absolutely ecstatic that he's playing football and not basketball. He gets to name his own name for himself. He worked his butt off," Malone said of the 6-4, 290-pound offensive lineman, who prepped at Cedar Creek School in Ruston, La.
"This is something he earned on his own. He didn't earn it from his dad. I played basketball. Wrong sport. It's going to be pressure on him no matter what because of his last name. But the most important thing that he needs to do is just continue to play, continue to improve and whatever he do, stay humble."
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16