PROVO, Utah – The No. 50 BYU men’s tennis team opens West Coast Conference play this Saturday against the No. 37 Santa Clara Broncos at the BYU Indoor Tennis Courts.
In its second year as a member of the WCC, BYU (6-2) was picked by other conference coaches to finish fourth in the conference, just behind Santa Clara.
The Cougars are coming off a 6-1 victory over Air Force last Saturday. They remain undefeated at home this year.
Junior Patrick Kawka and sophomore Francis Sargeant share a team-best 6-2 singles record. The two play as a doubles team and also lead the team with a 6-2 mark.
In last season’s matchup, Santa Clara came away with the narrow 4-3 win in California. BYU is 2-2 against ranked opponents this year.
This season, the Broncos (4-2) have notched two wins over No. 38 Boise State.
BYU was scheduled to play Montana State on Friday, but the match was cancelled.
Saturday's match begins at noon MST. Admission is free and pizza will be provided.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things to ponder as the Aggies head to fall...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21