PROVO, Utah – The No. 50 BYU men’s tennis team opens West Coast Conference play this Saturday against the No. 37 Santa Clara Broncos at the BYU Indoor Tennis Courts.
In its second year as a member of the WCC, BYU (6-2) was picked by other conference coaches to finish fourth in the conference, just behind Santa Clara.
The Cougars are coming off a 6-1 victory over Air Force last Saturday. They remain undefeated at home this year.
Junior Patrick Kawka and sophomore Francis Sargeant share a team-best 6-2 singles record. The two play as a doubles team and also lead the team with a 6-2 mark.
In last season’s matchup, Santa Clara came away with the narrow 4-3 win in California. BYU is 2-2 against ranked opponents this year.
This season, the Broncos (4-2) have notched two wins over No. 38 Boise State.
BYU was scheduled to play Montana State on Friday, but the match was cancelled.
Saturday's match begins at noon MST. Admission is free and pizza will be provided.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 106
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 41
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey rebuts rumor... 14