PROVO, Utah – The No. 50 BYU men’s tennis team opens West Coast Conference play this Saturday against the No. 37 Santa Clara Broncos at the BYU Indoor Tennis Courts.
In its second year as a member of the WCC, BYU (6-2) was picked by other conference coaches to finish fourth in the conference, just behind Santa Clara.
The Cougars are coming off a 6-1 victory over Air Force last Saturday. They remain undefeated at home this year.
Junior Patrick Kawka and sophomore Francis Sargeant share a team-best 6-2 singles record. The two play as a doubles team and also lead the team with a 6-2 mark.
In last season’s matchup, Santa Clara came away with the narrow 4-3 win in California. BYU is 2-2 against ranked opponents this year.
This season, the Broncos (4-2) have notched two wins over No. 38 Boise State.
BYU was scheduled to play Montana State on Friday, but the match was cancelled.
Saturday's match begins at noon MST. Admission is free and pizza will be provided.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 40
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 36
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 36
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21