PROVO, Utah – The No. 50 BYU men’s tennis team opens West Coast Conference play this Saturday against the No. 37 Santa Clara Broncos at the BYU Indoor Tennis Courts.
In its second year as a member of the WCC, BYU (6-2) was picked by other conference coaches to finish fourth in the conference, just behind Santa Clara.
The Cougars are coming off a 6-1 victory over Air Force last Saturday. They remain undefeated at home this year.
Junior Patrick Kawka and sophomore Francis Sargeant share a team-best 6-2 singles record. The two play as a doubles team and also lead the team with a 6-2 mark.
In last season’s matchup, Santa Clara came away with the narrow 4-3 win in California. BYU is 2-2 against ranked opponents this year.
This season, the Broncos (4-2) have notched two wins over No. 38 Boise State.
BYU was scheduled to play Montana State on Friday, but the match was cancelled.
Saturday's match begins at noon MST. Admission is free and pizza will be provided.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- Virginia gearing up for big road test at No....
- Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3, injuries...
- Amy Donaldson: Domestic violence isn't a...
- Sports BLT video: Bronco Mendenhall provides...
- AAC commish: BYU is a 'power' team 134
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 102
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 63
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Vai's View: BYU's greatest quarterback... 51
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 50
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 47