PROVO, Utah – The No. 50 BYU men’s tennis team opens West Coast Conference play this Saturday against the No. 37 Santa Clara Broncos at the BYU Indoor Tennis Courts.
In its second year as a member of the WCC, BYU (6-2) was picked by other conference coaches to finish fourth in the conference, just behind Santa Clara.
The Cougars are coming off a 6-1 victory over Air Force last Saturday. They remain undefeated at home this year.
Junior Patrick Kawka and sophomore Francis Sargeant share a team-best 6-2 singles record. The two play as a doubles team and also lead the team with a 6-2 mark.
In last season’s matchup, Santa Clara came away with the narrow 4-3 win in California. BYU is 2-2 against ranked opponents this year.
This season, the Broncos (4-2) have notched two wins over No. 38 Boise State.
BYU was scheduled to play Montana State on Friday, but the match was cancelled.
Saturday's match begins at noon MST. Admission is free and pizza will be provided.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Curtain raiser: Quin Snyder Era begins in...
- Poppinga has endured dark times before, hopes...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 42
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 41
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 35