Convert endures trial, shares happiness through social media (+video)
Fox was unaware at the time that Scott grew up a member of the LDS Church, but hadn’t been active for nine years. A month after Fox’s baptism, Scott was worthy enough to baptize her sister, followed by a temple marriage for the two of them.
Fox's faithfulness continued, and she finally heard from her father in November 2012.
“It wasn’t until I actually got endowed this past year, and since I decided to go to the temple at least twice a week that my dad actually started to call me,” Fox said. “It’s been several months, and my dad calls me every single day without fail.”
About six months after joining the church, Fox made the decision through prayer to move to Utah.
“I wanted to go on a mission, but I got the answer to move to Utah instead,” Fox said. “After I moved, I started a blog that got bigger than it should have. If I knew someone was going to read it, I would have named it something better.”
After continued prayer, Fox felt the need to make YouTube videos. Through her blog, www.alfoxshead.blogspot.com, and videos, she has created a mission statement to “use the Internet for good.” She shares hopeful messages along with her testimony to those around the world.
“I get a lot of emails and messages from people I don’t know, even in different states and also in different countries,” Fox said. “They feel the need to really open up to me, and I don’ know why, but I kind of love that they do.”
She enjoys spreading peace, specifically to the youths in the church.
“I want people to forget not that what we do in life makes a profound difference and it helps those around us,” Fox said. “Forget not that the greatest things in life ever to be created are already there and waiting for us and all we have to do is to try, keep going, and to turn to him and we can receive all of it.”
Megan Marsden is an intern at the Deseret News writing for the Faith & Family section. She is currently a junior at BYU-Idaho studying communication.
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- Rare LDS Church document discovered that...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the...
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences...
- 16-year-old LDS ballerina shares her talents,...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 62
- Faith groups urge Supreme Court to... 61
- Are church youth dances outdated? 49
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms.... 37
- Jerry Earl Johnston: The Founding... 25
- 5 faith facts about Marco Rubio:... 14
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences... 13
- Okla. attorney general wants private... 11