Sandy man accused of getting teen girls drunk, making inappropriate videos
SANDY — A 58-year-old man faces sexual exploitation charges after police say he took inappropriate videos and photos of teenage girls at parties in 2010.
Jeffery Joseph Burt, of Sandy, faces three counts of sexual exploitation of a minor and one count of forcible sexual abuse, all second-degree felonies; as well as one count of dealing in harmful material to a minor by an adult, a third-degree felony.
According to charges filed Tuesday in 3rd District Court, Burt provided large amounts of alcohol to underage girls at parties he held in his home, 11313 S. High Mesa Drive, over the course of two months in 2010.
Burt is accused of filming and taking photos of the girls in his bedroom while they were intoxicated, instructing them to touch each other sexually.
On one occasion, when one of the girls did not want to participate, Burt showed her photos and videos he had taken of other girls on his cellphone, charges state.
A search of the home in 2010 revealed three inappropriate videos depicting teenage girls, according to the charges. One girl, who identified herself in the videos, said she was 16 at the time.
- Teen in Springville family found dead left...
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- President Obama's immigration reforms seek to...
- Redistribution of homes begins in Utah FLDS town
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- Officer, suspect taken to hospital following...
- Groups petition for gun bans from school...
- Executive action brings 'temporary relief'...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 61
- Sen. Mike Lee: Congress needs to remind... 55
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 46
- Woman wears colander for driver's... 35
- Pope announces U.S. visit, greets... 34
- Former presidential candidate Mitt... 32