SANDY — A 58-year-old man faces sexual exploitation charges after police say he took inappropriate videos and photos of teenage girls at parties in 2010.
Jeffery Joseph Burt, of Sandy, faces three counts of sexual exploitation of a minor and one count of forcible sexual abuse, all second-degree felonies; as well as one count of dealing in harmful material to a minor by an adult, a third-degree felony.
According to charges filed Tuesday in 3rd District Court, Burt provided large amounts of alcohol to underage girls at parties he held in his home, 11313 S. High Mesa Drive, over the course of two months in 2010.
Burt is accused of filming and taking photos of the girls in his bedroom while they were intoxicated, instructing them to touch each other sexually.
On one occasion, when one of the girls did not want to participate, Burt showed her photos and videos he had taken of other girls on his cellphone, charges state.
A search of the home in 2010 revealed three inappropriate videos depicting teenage girls, according to the charges. One girl, who identified herself in the videos, said she was 16 at the time.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Doug Robinson: Memo to the government: Feel...
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 32
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 28
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17