Sandy man accused of getting teen girls drunk, making inappropriate videos
SANDY — A 58-year-old man faces sexual exploitation charges after police say he took inappropriate videos and photos of teenage girls at parties in 2010.
Jeffery Joseph Burt, of Sandy, faces three counts of sexual exploitation of a minor and one count of forcible sexual abuse, all second-degree felonies; as well as one count of dealing in harmful material to a minor by an adult, a third-degree felony.
According to charges filed Tuesday in 3rd District Court, Burt provided large amounts of alcohol to underage girls at parties he held in his home, 11313 S. High Mesa Drive, over the course of two months in 2010.
Burt is accused of filming and taking photos of the girls in his bedroom while they were intoxicated, instructing them to touch each other sexually.
On one occasion, when one of the girls did not want to participate, Burt showed her photos and videos he had taken of other girls on his cellphone, charges state.
A search of the home in 2010 revealed three inappropriate videos depicting teenage girls, according to the charges. One girl, who identified herself in the videos, said she was 16 at the time.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 33
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 13
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9