Sandy man accused of getting teen girls drunk, making inappropriate videos
SANDY — A 58-year-old man faces sexual exploitation charges after police say he took inappropriate videos and photos of teenage girls at parties in 2010.
Jeffery Joseph Burt, of Sandy, faces three counts of sexual exploitation of a minor and one count of forcible sexual abuse, all second-degree felonies; as well as one count of dealing in harmful material to a minor by an adult, a third-degree felony.
According to charges filed Tuesday in 3rd District Court, Burt provided large amounts of alcohol to underage girls at parties he held in his home, 11313 S. High Mesa Drive, over the course of two months in 2010.
Burt is accused of filming and taking photos of the girls in his bedroom while they were intoxicated, instructing them to touch each other sexually.
On one occasion, when one of the girls did not want to participate, Burt showed her photos and videos he had taken of other girls on his cellphone, charges state.
A search of the home in 2010 revealed three inappropriate videos depicting teenage girls, according to the charges. One girl, who identified herself in the videos, said she was 16 at the time.
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Fear of pending apocalypse led to...
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- Man accused in BYU gropings accepts diversion...
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- Bill would increase incentives for early high...
- Business community supports tax increases for...
- How to keep a youthful appearance
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 182
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 39
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 35
- LDS statement could move Utah... 27
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 26
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 24
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 20