Sandy man accused of getting teen girls drunk, making inappropriate videos
SANDY — A 58-year-old man faces sexual exploitation charges after police say he took inappropriate videos and photos of teenage girls at parties in 2010.
Jeffery Joseph Burt, of Sandy, faces three counts of sexual exploitation of a minor and one count of forcible sexual abuse, all second-degree felonies; as well as one count of dealing in harmful material to a minor by an adult, a third-degree felony.
According to charges filed Tuesday in 3rd District Court, Burt provided large amounts of alcohol to underage girls at parties he held in his home, 11313 S. High Mesa Drive, over the course of two months in 2010.
Burt is accused of filming and taking photos of the girls in his bedroom while they were intoxicated, instructing them to touch each other sexually.
On one occasion, when one of the girls did not want to participate, Burt showed her photos and videos he had taken of other girls on his cellphone, charges state.
A search of the home in 2010 revealed three inappropriate videos depicting teenage girls, according to the charges. One girl, who identified herself in the videos, said she was 16 at the time.
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Utah is youngest state in country but growing...
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- America’s Most Followed Members of...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Kaysville to fete retiring city manager at...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Utah militia leader tried to blow up... 17