TAYLORSVILLE — Salt Lake Community College has received a U.S. Department of Labor grant to help train people for employment in geospatial technologies.
SLCC received the grant as a partner in the $20 million National Information, Security and Geospatial Technology Consortium.
Students enrolled in the grant receive mentoring from industry professionals, career counseling, individualized academic counseling, specialized tutoring and virtual internships.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9