TAYLORSVILLE — Salt Lake Community College has received a U.S. Department of Labor grant to help train people for employment in geospatial technologies.
SLCC received the grant as a partner in the $20 million National Information, Security and Geospatial Technology Consortium.
Students enrolled in the grant receive mentoring from industry professionals, career counseling, individualized academic counseling, specialized tutoring and virtual internships.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 15