TAYLORSVILLE — Salt Lake Community College has received a U.S. Department of Labor grant to help train people for employment in geospatial technologies.
SLCC received the grant as a partner in the $20 million National Information, Security and Geospatial Technology Consortium.
Students enrolled in the grant receive mentoring from industry professionals, career counseling, individualized academic counseling, specialized tutoring and virtual internships.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14