USU basketball: Jenna Johnson named College Sports Madness WAC Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Utah State senior guard Jenna Johnson was named the College Sports Madness Western Athletic Conference Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the week ending Feb. 3.
This is the second-straight week an Aggie has been honored by the publication after sophomore forward Franny Vaaulu was honored last week. Johnson is the third Utah State women’s basketball player to be noticed by College Sports Madness, as senior guard Devyn Christensen was honored on Dec. 24.
Johnson (Wasilla, Alaska) earned the honor for her performance during the past week. She averaged 13.5 points and 11.5 rebounds per game. She also averaged 4.5 assists, 3.0 steals and 2.5 blocks per game. Utah State earned sole possession of first place in the WAC after home wins last week against Idaho and Seattle.
College Sports Madness identifies the highest impact players nationally and from each conference in its weekly feature.
The Aggies (12-10, 9-2 WAC) have now won six-straight games as they conclude a three-game homestand. This week, Utah State hosts San Jose State (9-13, 6-5 WAC), which is tied for fifth in the WAC standings. The Aggies and Spartans face off on Saturday, Feb. 3 at 7 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- Plenty of familiarity between coaching staffs...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19
- Morning links: When will the Utes... 17