SALT LAKE CITY — Police declared Fairmont Park in Sugar House a crime scene Monday night after pulling a man's body from the pond and taking another man to the hospital, dripping wet.
Salt Lake City Police Lt. Carl Merino said two people who had gone to the park to feed the ducks just after 9 p.m. called police when they saw the wet man sitting on the bank of the pond and spotted what they thought was a body floating in the water.
Police said the man pulled from the lake was possibly in his late 30s or early 40s. The cause of death was still being investigated Monday night, and the man's name was not released.
The callers told police it appeared the man found on the bank was acting strangely and was possibly intoxicated, Merino said.
Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman Jasen Asay said the man was taken by ambulance to an area hospital but didn't elaborate on his condition.
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 58
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 44
- U. student government passes resolution... 31
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 26
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17