Man's body pulled from Fairmont Park pond, another man hospitalized
SALT LAKE CITY — Police declared Fairmont Park in Sugar House a crime scene Monday night after pulling a man's body from the pond and taking another man to the hospital, dripping wet.
Salt Lake City Police Lt. Carl Merino said two people who had gone to the park to feed the ducks just after 9 p.m. called police when they saw the wet man sitting on the bank of the pond and spotted what they thought was a body floating in the water.
Police said the man pulled from the lake was possibly in his late 30s or early 40s. The cause of death was still being investigated Monday night, and the man's name was not released.
The callers told police it appeared the man found on the bank was acting strangely and was possibly intoxicated, Merino said.
Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman Jasen Asay said the man was taken by ambulance to an area hospital but didn't elaborate on his condition.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17