Man's body pulled from Fairmont Park pond, another man hospitalized
SALT LAKE CITY — Police declared Fairmont Park in Sugar House a crime scene Monday night after pulling a man's body from the pond and taking another man to the hospital, dripping wet.
Salt Lake City Police Lt. Carl Merino said two people who had gone to the park to feed the ducks just after 9 p.m. called police when they saw the wet man sitting on the bank of the pond and spotted what they thought was a body floating in the water.
Police said the man pulled from the lake was possibly in his late 30s or early 40s. The cause of death was still being investigated Monday night, and the man's name was not released.
The callers told police it appeared the man found on the bank was acting strangely and was possibly intoxicated, Merino said.
Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman Jasen Asay said the man was taken by ambulance to an area hospital but didn't elaborate on his condition.
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Doug Robinson: Utah's Glen Hanson has had an...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Minor earthquake shakes southern Utah town
- Man saves 8-year-old sister-in-law from...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 64
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 39
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12