Man's body pulled from Fairmont Park pond, another man hospitalized
SALT LAKE CITY — Police declared Fairmont Park in Sugar House a crime scene Monday night after pulling a man's body from the pond and taking another man to the hospital, dripping wet.
Salt Lake City Police Lt. Carl Merino said two people who had gone to the park to feed the ducks just after 9 p.m. called police when they saw the wet man sitting on the bank of the pond and spotted what they thought was a body floating in the water.
Police said the man pulled from the lake was possibly in his late 30s or early 40s. The cause of death was still being investigated Monday night, and the man's name was not released.
The callers told police it appeared the man found on the bank was acting strangely and was possibly intoxicated, Merino said.
Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman Jasen Asay said the man was taken by ambulance to an area hospital but didn't elaborate on his condition.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16