The Utah Jazz squeezed out an overtime win against the Sacramento Kings Monday night, 98-91.
The Jazz were looking good at the half. Despite a poor start, they were in control of the game when the Kings had their best player, Demarcus Cousins, ejected for a second technical foul.
Utah just could not get a hold of the game, however. The Kings took the lead, and it remained close up until the last second, when Al Jefferson missed a three-point shot that could have avoided overtime.
The night belonged to the Jazz bench, with Alec Burks contributing an excellent 14 points. Randy Foye was the standout starter though, with 20 points on the night.
Despite this however, Paul Millsap was the one to take control in overtime, making a crucial block, followed by a 19-foot jumper to give the Jazz the win.
The win puts the Jazz at 27-22 for the season.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 95
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 79
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 60
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 43
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43