SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Food Bank collected nearly 3 million pounds of food during its annual Holiday Food Drive, thanks to its sponsors and communities throughout the state. The donations of 2,865,697 pounds of food will provide more than 2.2 million meals to Utahns, according to the food bank.
“The generosity we’ve seen this year is inspiring,” said Ginette Bott, chief marketing officer at Utah Food Bank. “With roughly 472,000 Utahns at risk for missing one meal every day, we are so appreciative of the efforts that families, businesses and communities make to fight hunger in Utah.”
The Holiday Food Drive draws donations from more than 400 community groups and businesses statewide, the food bank said. Food and monetary donations provided during the drive are used to support 129 Utah Food Bank partners throughout Utah.
“We want to thank every person who donated and every business that hosted a drive,” said Bott. “We don’t want our neighbors to choose between paying their bills and buying food for their families. The food drives and all of our partners help ensure these families don’t have to make that choice because of their generosity.”
According to Feeding America, a national affiliation of food banks, one in five Utah children is unsure of where their next meal in coming from. Even though generous donations were received during the Holiday Food Drive, the need continues all year. For more information about Utah Food Bank and how to help year-round, visit www.utahfoodbank.org.
- Lawsuit accuses state of illegally pursuing...
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- Consumer index climbs to record level in Utah
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 11
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8