PROVO — After knocking down a game-winning 3-pointer at Pepperdine, then pouring in a season-high 28 points against Santa Clara, BYU sophomore guard Matt Carlino earned West Coast Conference player of the week honors.
For the week, Carlino averaged 20 points, five assists, and 2.5 steals. He also shot 46.4 percent from the field, 44 percent from 3-point territory, and hit all 10 of his free-throw attempts.
It marks Carlino's first WCC player-of-the-week award of the season.
Cougars Tyler Haws (Dec. 31, Jan. 14) and Brandon Davies (Dec. 17) won the award previously.
BYU visits San Diego Thursday (8 p.m., MT, BYUtv).
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU matchup...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the NFL,...
- Photos: BYU welcomed by fans at Provo Airport
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 106
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 79
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 31
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 27
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 25