PROVO — After knocking down a game-winning 3-pointer at Pepperdine, then pouring in a season-high 28 points against Santa Clara, BYU sophomore guard Matt Carlino earned West Coast Conference player of the week honors.
For the week, Carlino averaged 20 points, five assists, and 2.5 steals. He also shot 46.4 percent from the field, 44 percent from 3-point territory, and hit all 10 of his free-throw attempts.
It marks Carlino's first WCC player-of-the-week award of the season.
Cougars Tyler Haws (Dec. 31, Jan. 14) and Brandon Davies (Dec. 17) won the award previously.
BYU visits San Diego Thursday (8 p.m., MT, BYUtv).
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 96
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 54
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33