PROVO — After knocking down a game-winning 3-pointer at Pepperdine, then pouring in a season-high 28 points against Santa Clara, BYU sophomore guard Matt Carlino earned West Coast Conference player of the week honors.
For the week, Carlino averaged 20 points, five assists, and 2.5 steals. He also shot 46.4 percent from the field, 44 percent from 3-point territory, and hit all 10 of his free-throw attempts.
It marks Carlino's first WCC player-of-the-week award of the season.
Cougars Tyler Haws (Dec. 31, Jan. 14) and Brandon Davies (Dec. 17) won the award previously.
BYU visits San Diego Thursday (8 p.m., MT, BYUtv).
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28