PROVO — After knocking down a game-winning 3-pointer at Pepperdine, then pouring in a season-high 28 points against Santa Clara, BYU sophomore guard Matt Carlino earned West Coast Conference player of the week honors.
For the week, Carlino averaged 20 points, five assists, and 2.5 steals. He also shot 46.4 percent from the field, 44 percent from 3-point territory, and hit all 10 of his free-throw attempts.
It marks Carlino's first WCC player-of-the-week award of the season.
Cougars Tyler Haws (Dec. 31, Jan. 14) and Brandon Davies (Dec. 17) won the award previously.
BYU visits San Diego Thursday (8 p.m., MT, BYUtv).
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34