FARMINGTON — The Great Salt Lake Nature Center is looking for volunteer naturalists.
Ideal volunteer candidates are those who have an interest in the birds, plants and wetlands around the Great Salt Lake. Volunteers will have an opportunity to learn more about the ecosystem and then share what they learn with students and Scout troops.
“Our spring field trip season isn’t that far away,” says Diana Vos, Great Salt Lake Nature Center director. “We’re looking for people to help us run field trips and nature tours. These activities happen during the day. They’re a lot of fun.”
Vos is also looking for volunteers to staff the nature center on weekends and to help her with special wildlife viewing events.
The center is located at 1700 W. Glovers Lane in Farmington, just north of the Farmington Bay Waterfowl Management Area.
Those interested in volunteering can call Vos at 801-589-2373 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 53
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 28
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12