, Family photo
WEST VALLEY CITY — Tuesday marks the one-year anniversary of the most shocking — and most tragic — moment of the Josh Powell saga.
On Feb. 5, 2012, Powell killed himself and his two young sons, 5-year-old Braden Powell and 7-year-old Charlie Powell, and burned his Graham, Wash., rental house to the ground. The deaths came just four days after a Washington court denied restoring full custody of Powell's children to him and ordered him to undergo a psychosexual evaluation.
Powell is the chief suspect in the disappearance and presumed murder of his wife, Susan Cox Powell, in December of 2009 from their home in West Valley City. Her body has never been found.
A candlelight vigil marking the one-year anniversary of the horrific deaths of Charlie and Braden will be held Tuesday night at West View Park, 4100 S. 6000 West.
Last week, Chuck and Judy Cox, Susan's parents, testified before a Washington state Senate committee considering a bill that would restrict or block visitation rights for someone who is the subject of a murder investigation.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 13