Candlelight vigil to mark one year anniversary of Powell tragedy
, Family photo
WEST VALLEY CITY — Tuesday marks the one-year anniversary of the most shocking — and most tragic — moment of the Josh Powell saga.
On Feb. 5, 2012, Powell killed himself and his two young sons, 5-year-old Braden Powell and 7-year-old Charlie Powell, and burned his Graham, Wash., rental house to the ground. The deaths came just four days after a Washington court denied restoring full custody of Powell's children to him and ordered him to undergo a psychosexual evaluation.
Powell is the chief suspect in the disappearance and presumed murder of his wife, Susan Cox Powell, in December of 2009 from their home in West Valley City. Her body has never been found.
A candlelight vigil marking the one-year anniversary of the horrific deaths of Charlie and Braden will be held Tuesday night at West View Park, 4100 S. 6000 West.
Last week, Chuck and Judy Cox, Susan's parents, testified before a Washington state Senate committee considering a bill that would restrict or block visitation rights for someone who is the subject of a murder investigation.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29