Ravell Call, Deseret News
President Monson: Did you know that there was “A Message from President Monson” posted online at the LDS Church News this weekend? This blogger did. Click in to find reflections from our prophet on five years of prophetic service a president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Senior missionaries: What do Mormon senior missionaries do in the Salt Lake City Utah Mission? As listed in this sweet online thank you note: a lot. “I couldn't even begin to count all the ways they serve! Some of what they do is take care of the vehicle fleet of 60 cars, give drivers tests, tell the missionaries when to get their oil changed, inspect cars, take them to the shop when missionaries crash them, fix flat tires or scratches or dents, order missionary supplies in just about every language in the world, keep a supply of toasters and microwaves and vacuums and plungers and dish soap and plates and cups and cereal bowls and Tupperware and everything else on hand and in good repair for 100 apartments, type all the correspondence that goes in and out of the office, keep the president's speaking schedule straight, balance the budget and keep the finances in order, pay the bills, try to help 200 missionaries understand why there is no more money in their accounts, keep 100 cell phones working ” and so much more. Wow. Click in to be amazed.
Visiting teaching: Two bloggers put up different visiting teaching printables, but both are pulled from the same quote by Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve. Find the one that focused on reaching out to new members, or the one that focuses on the importance of being attentive friends. And, as one blogger explains, “This month’s message really hit home with me. I just moved into a branch, and I don't live close to many people. Outside of my family, sometimes the only interaction I have with people comes from attending church on Sunday. It is SO important to reach out to women in your ward. If you see a new face, introduce yourself. If someone is sitting on their own, take the chair next to them. I know it can be scary to say hello to new people, but it will enrich your life so much if you put forth the effort.”
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 40
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 34
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 14
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10