The state of Utah was well-represented in Super Bowl XLVII with seven players with local ties taking part. Several of them made key contributions in helping the Baltimore Ravens secure a 34-31 victory.
Dennis Pitta — Baltimore Ravens (BYU): The former Cougar tight end had four receptions for 26 yards, including a 1-yard touchdown reception midway through the second quarter that gave the Ravens a 14-3 lead.
Paul Kruger — Baltimore Ravens (Utah/Timpanogos High): Kruger was used primarily in passing situations and contributed three tackles and one tackle-for-loss. He also had two sacks, including one during a third and goal situation that forced the 49ers to settle for a field goal in the first half.
Haloti Ngata — Baltimore Ravens (Highland High): Ngata had just two tackles and was forced to leave the game early in the third quarter with a sprained knee.
Ma'ake Kemoeatu — Baltimore Ravens (Utah): Kemoeatu had just one tackle, but played well as the Ravens' starting nose tackle.
Will Tukuafu — San Francisco 49ers (East High): Tukuafu did not record a stat, but was used several times at fullback during short-yardage situations.
Alex Smith — San Francisco 49ers (Utah): Smith did not play as Collin Kaepernick's backup.
David Reed -- Baltimore Raves (Utah): Reed was listed on the Super Bowl roster, but did not record a stat in the game
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33