The state of Utah was well-represented in Super Bowl XLVII with seven players with local ties taking part. Several of them made key contributions in helping the Baltimore Ravens secure a 34-31 victory.
Dennis Pitta — Baltimore Ravens (BYU): The former Cougar tight end had four receptions for 26 yards, including a 1-yard touchdown reception midway through the second quarter that gave the Ravens a 14-3 lead.
Paul Kruger — Baltimore Ravens (Utah/Timpanogos High): Kruger was used primarily in passing situations and contributed three tackles and one tackle-for-loss. He also had two sacks, including one during a third and goal situation that forced the 49ers to settle for a field goal in the first half.
Haloti Ngata — Baltimore Ravens (Highland High): Ngata had just two tackles and was forced to leave the game early in the third quarter with a sprained knee.
Ma'ake Kemoeatu — Baltimore Ravens (Utah): Kemoeatu had just one tackle, but played well as the Ravens' starting nose tackle.
Will Tukuafu — San Francisco 49ers (East High): Tukuafu did not record a stat, but was used several times at fullback during short-yardage situations.
Alex Smith — San Francisco 49ers (Utah): Smith did not play as Collin Kaepernick's backup.
David Reed -- Baltimore Raves (Utah): Reed was listed on the Super Bowl roster, but did not record a stat in the game
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for fouling strategy
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Mike Sorensen: Manning's storybook ending...
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 102
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 64
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 24
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22