The state of Utah was well-represented in Super Bowl XLVII with seven players with local ties taking part. Several of them made key contributions in helping the Baltimore Ravens secure a 34-31 victory.
Dennis Pitta — Baltimore Ravens (BYU): The former Cougar tight end had four receptions for 26 yards, including a 1-yard touchdown reception midway through the second quarter that gave the Ravens a 14-3 lead.
Paul Kruger — Baltimore Ravens (Utah/Timpanogos High): Kruger was used primarily in passing situations and contributed three tackles and one tackle-for-loss. He also had two sacks, including one during a third and goal situation that forced the 49ers to settle for a field goal in the first half.
Haloti Ngata — Baltimore Ravens (Highland High): Ngata had just two tackles and was forced to leave the game early in the third quarter with a sprained knee.
Ma'ake Kemoeatu — Baltimore Ravens (Utah): Kemoeatu had just one tackle, but played well as the Ravens' starting nose tackle.
Will Tukuafu — San Francisco 49ers (East High): Tukuafu did not record a stat, but was used several times at fullback during short-yardage situations.
Alex Smith — San Francisco 49ers (Utah): Smith did not play as Collin Kaepernick's backup.
David Reed -- Baltimore Raves (Utah): Reed was listed on the Super Bowl roster, but did not record a stat in the game
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Believe it or not: QB Travis Wilson is set to...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 66
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 38
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 32
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 29
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 28
- Utes get it done at home again 21