A second Facebook page, apparently set up by his football teammates, was set up Saturday afternoon. They encouraged everyone to dress in their Sunday best on Monday at school and wear No. 90, Parker's jersey number, at his funeral next Saturday.
According to the Utah Department of Health, cases of influenza-like illness for last week were high in Salt Lake, Utah and Davis counties. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported for Jan. 20-26: "influenza activity remained elevated in the United States, but decreased in some areas."
Since Sept. 1, the CDC reported those over 65 years old were the most affected group in the nation, and most hospitalizations were due to influenza A.
"The most commonly reported underlying medical conditions in hospitalized children were asthma, neurological disorders, chronic lung disease and immune suppression. Forty-three percent of hospitalized children had no identified underlying medical condition," the CDC reported.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- World War II munitions with mustard agent...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 29
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14