A second Facebook page, apparently set up by his football teammates, was set up Saturday afternoon. They encouraged everyone to dress in their Sunday best on Monday at school and wear No. 90, Parker's jersey number, at his funeral next Saturday.
According to the Utah Department of Health, cases of influenza-like illness for last week were high in Salt Lake, Utah and Davis counties. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported for Jan. 20-26: "influenza activity remained elevated in the United States, but decreased in some areas."
Since Sept. 1, the CDC reported those over 65 years old were the most affected group in the nation, and most hospitalizations were due to influenza A.
"The most commonly reported underlying medical conditions in hospitalized children were asthma, neurological disorders, chronic lung disease and immune suppression. Forty-three percent of hospitalized children had no identified underlying medical condition," the CDC reported.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Former A.G. John Swallow left office with...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Christmas giving project makes former patient...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 86
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18