A second Facebook page, apparently set up by his football teammates, was set up Saturday afternoon. They encouraged everyone to dress in their Sunday best on Monday at school and wear No. 90, Parker's jersey number, at his funeral next Saturday.
According to the Utah Department of Health, cases of influenza-like illness for last week were high in Salt Lake, Utah and Davis counties. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported for Jan. 20-26: "influenza activity remained elevated in the United States, but decreased in some areas."
Since Sept. 1, the CDC reported those over 65 years old were the most affected group in the nation, and most hospitalizations were due to influenza A.
"The most commonly reported underlying medical conditions in hospitalized children were asthma, neurological disorders, chronic lung disease and immune suppression. Forty-three percent of hospitalized children had no identified underlying medical condition," the CDC reported.
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 16