A second Facebook page, apparently set up by his football teammates, was set up Saturday afternoon. They encouraged everyone to dress in their Sunday best on Monday at school and wear No. 90, Parker's jersey number, at his funeral next Saturday.
According to the Utah Department of Health, cases of influenza-like illness for last week were high in Salt Lake, Utah and Davis counties. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported for Jan. 20-26: "influenza activity remained elevated in the United States, but decreased in some areas."
Since Sept. 1, the CDC reported those over 65 years old were the most affected group in the nation, and most hospitalizations were due to influenza A.
"The most commonly reported underlying medical conditions in hospitalized children were asthma, neurological disorders, chronic lung disease and immune suppression. Forty-three percent of hospitalized children had no identified underlying medical condition," the CDC reported.
- Ryan Teeples: BYU sports is for BYUtv, not...
- Bear scare: 'Baden and Logan saved my life.'
- 7-year-old girl who met Justin Bieber passes...
- Impeachment investigation 'highly likely,'...
- Attorney General John Swallow tells House...
- Lehi imposes emergency watering restrictions
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at question...
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- Miss Utah USA's bungled interview... 38
- BYU poll: Majority favor impeachment,... 30
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at... 26
- 2 others back up extortion claims... 21
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at... 21
- Attorneys for AG John Swallow say... 20
- Gunman caught after shooting... 20
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 20