Utah men's basketball: Utes hold on to upset Colorado, 58-55
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Utah held on to beat Colorado 58-55 on Saturday, despite not scoring a field goal in the last 10 minutes of the game.
Utah had a 22-point lead earlier in the second half, but Colorado cut it down to just one with just 1:39 left in the game.
Utah started the game well with a 5-0 run, but Colorado forward Andre Roberson kept things close with a three-point jumper.
Before long, Colorado were in the lead as poor shooting cost the Utes. Utah soon rediscovered its shooting touch however, and the two teams switched leads for a period, until back to back threes helped Utah to build a six-point lead before halftime.
The Utes started the second half in spectacular fashion, going on a 17-2 run, and eventually building a huge lead at 49-27.
By the end of the game, that lead proved to be the difference, as the Buffaloes were never able to catch up.
Senior Jason Washburn topped the scoring for the Utes, with 13 points.
This win takes them to 10-11 for the season, 2-7 in conference play.
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents may...
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to be...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Jazz in talks with German center Pleiss,...
- Wasatch Academy basketball coach Geno Morgan...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 90
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 61
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 51
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 28
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 28
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 27