Utah men's basketball: Utes hold on to upset Colorado, 58-55
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Utah held on to beat Colorado 58-55 on Saturday, despite not scoring a field goal in the last 10 minutes of the game.
Utah had a 22-point lead earlier in the second half, but Colorado cut it down to just one with just 1:39 left in the game.
Utah started the game well with a 5-0 run, but Colorado forward Andre Roberson kept things close with a three-point jumper.
Before long, Colorado were in the lead as poor shooting cost the Utes. Utah soon rediscovered its shooting touch however, and the two teams switched leads for a period, until back to back threes helped Utah to build a six-point lead before halftime.
The Utes started the second half in spectacular fashion, going on a 17-2 run, and eventually building a huge lead at 49-27.
By the end of the game, that lead proved to be the difference, as the Buffaloes were never able to catch up.
Senior Jason Washburn topped the scoring for the Utes, with 13 points.
This win takes them to 10-11 for the season, 2-7 in conference play.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 148
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27