Utah men's basketball: Utes hold on to upset Colorado, 58-55
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Utah held on to beat Colorado 58-55 on Saturday, despite not scoring a field goal in the last 10 minutes of the game.
Utah had a 22-point lead earlier in the second half, but Colorado cut it down to just one with just 1:39 left in the game.
Utah started the game well with a 5-0 run, but Colorado forward Andre Roberson kept things close with a three-point jumper.
Before long, Colorado were in the lead as poor shooting cost the Utes. Utah soon rediscovered its shooting touch however, and the two teams switched leads for a period, until back to back threes helped Utah to build a six-point lead before halftime.
The Utes started the second half in spectacular fashion, going on a 17-2 run, and eventually building a huge lead at 49-27.
By the end of the game, that lead proved to be the difference, as the Buffaloes were never able to catch up.
Senior Jason Washburn topped the scoring for the Utes, with 13 points.
This win takes them to 10-11 for the season, 2-7 in conference play.
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 112
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 64
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 30
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 23
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 20
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8