Utah men's basketball: Utes hold on to upset Colorado, 58-55
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Utah held on to beat Colorado 58-55 on Saturday, despite not scoring a field goal in the last 10 minutes of the game.
Utah had a 22-point lead earlier in the second half, but Colorado cut it down to just one with just 1:39 left in the game.
Utah started the game well with a 5-0 run, but Colorado forward Andre Roberson kept things close with a three-point jumper.
Before long, Colorado were in the lead as poor shooting cost the Utes. Utah soon rediscovered its shooting touch however, and the two teams switched leads for a period, until back to back threes helped Utah to build a six-point lead before halftime.
The Utes started the second half in spectacular fashion, going on a 17-2 run, and eventually building a huge lead at 49-27.
By the end of the game, that lead proved to be the difference, as the Buffaloes were never able to catch up.
Senior Jason Washburn topped the scoring for the Utes, with 13 points.
This win takes them to 10-11 for the season, 2-7 in conference play.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28