Utah men's basketball: Utes hold on to upset Colorado, 58-55
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Utah held on to beat Colorado 58-55 on Saturday, despite not scoring a field goal in the last 10 minutes of the game.
Utah had a 22-point lead earlier in the second half, but Colorado cut it down to just one with just 1:39 left in the game.
Utah started the game well with a 5-0 run, but Colorado forward Andre Roberson kept things close with a three-point jumper.
Before long, Colorado were in the lead as poor shooting cost the Utes. Utah soon rediscovered its shooting touch however, and the two teams switched leads for a period, until back to back threes helped Utah to build a six-point lead before halftime.
The Utes started the second half in spectacular fashion, going on a 17-2 run, and eventually building a huge lead at 49-27.
By the end of the game, that lead proved to be the difference, as the Buffaloes were never able to catch up.
Senior Jason Washburn topped the scoring for the Utes, with 13 points.
This win takes them to 10-11 for the season, 2-7 in conference play.
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 65
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 40
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20