Utah men's basketball: Utes hold on to upset Colorado, 58-55
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Utah held on to beat Colorado 58-55 on Saturday, despite not scoring a field goal in the last 10 minutes of the game.
Utah had a 22-point lead earlier in the second half, but Colorado cut it down to just one with just 1:39 left in the game.
Utah started the game well with a 5-0 run, but Colorado forward Andre Roberson kept things close with a three-point jumper.
Before long, Colorado were in the lead as poor shooting cost the Utes. Utah soon rediscovered its shooting touch however, and the two teams switched leads for a period, until back to back threes helped Utah to build a six-point lead before halftime.
The Utes started the second half in spectacular fashion, going on a 17-2 run, and eventually building a huge lead at 49-27.
By the end of the game, that lead proved to be the difference, as the Buffaloes were never able to catch up.
Senior Jason Washburn topped the scoring for the Utes, with 13 points.
This win takes them to 10-11 for the season, 2-7 in conference play.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43