Despite Damian Lillard's monstrous second half, the Utah Jazz managed to get their seventh home win in their last eight home games, defeating Portland at home, 86-77.
Lillard, who had scored a mere six points in the first half on 3-of-10 shooting, brought a strong game in the second half. He finished the game with a game-high 26 points on 10-for-23 shooting. He also tallied three rebounds, five assists and four turnovers, and three of his made shots were 3-pointers.
Utah had four players in double figures, led by big man Al Jefferson, who landed a double-double for the night. He scored 21 points on 10-for-22 shooting. He also grabbed 10 rebounds, two assists and two blocked shots.
Randy Foye, Paul Millsap and DeMarre Carroll were the other Jazz players in double figures with 14, 15 and 13 points, respectively. As a team, the Jazz shot 43 percent from the field for the night, having cooled down considerably from a first half in which Utah shot 61 percent.
Foye made three 3-point baskets and was Utah's main threat from deep on the night. Earl Watson also made the only 3-point basket he attempted. The Jazz, however, went 4-for-15 — a mere 27 percent — from behind the 3-point line.
Besides Lillard, the Trail Blazers had two players in double figures: LeMarcus Alldredge and J.J. Hickson with 16 and 11 points, respectively.
This game was a homecoming of sorts for three former Jazz players and four players with Utah ties. Former Jazzmen Wesley Matthews and Ronnie Price both left the game with ankle injuries in the game, and former Jazzman Sacha Pavlovic did not play. Lillard is a former Weber State standout, and is considered among the leading candidates for this year's NBA Rookie of the Year.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43