The Utah Jazz defeat the Portland Trail Blazers, 86-77
Despite Damian Lillard's monstrous second half, the Utah Jazz managed to get their seventh home win in their last eight home games, defeating Portland at home, 86-77.
Lillard, who had scored a mere six points in the first half on 3-of-10 shooting, brought a strong game in the second half. He finished the game with a game-high 26 points on 10-for-23 shooting. He also tallied three rebounds, five assists and four turnovers, and three of his made shots were 3-pointers.
Utah had four players in double figures, led by big man Al Jefferson, who landed a double-double for the night. He scored 21 points on 10-for-22 shooting. He also grabbed 10 rebounds, two assists and two blocked shots.
Randy Foye, Paul Millsap and DeMarre Carroll were the other Jazz players in double figures with 14, 15 and 13 points, respectively. As a team, the Jazz shot 43 percent from the field for the night, having cooled down considerably from a first half in which Utah shot 61 percent.
Foye made three 3-point baskets and was Utah's main threat from deep on the night. Earl Watson also made the only 3-point basket he attempted. The Jazz, however, went 4-for-15 — a mere 27 percent — from behind the 3-point line.
Besides Lillard, the Trail Blazers had two players in double figures: LeMarcus Alldredge and J.J. Hickson with 16 and 11 points, respectively.
This game was a homecoming of sorts for three former Jazz players and four players with Utah ties. Former Jazzmen Wesley Matthews and Ronnie Price both left the game with ankle injuries in the game, and former Jazzman Sacha Pavlovic did not play. Lillard is a former Weber State standout, and is considered among the leading candidates for this year's NBA Rookie of the Year.
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave Rose's...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Jazz notes: Respect high between Coach...
- Utes return home and handle Huskies, 90-82,...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 44
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 43
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 33