PROVO, Utah – BYU's Dakoda John set a personal record and took first in the men's high jump at the New Balance Invitational on Friday in New York.
John cleared a height of 7-00.50, which ties him with Eric Crow for 10th place on No. 19 BYU's all-time leader board for the event.
"Dakoda jumped extremely well today," head coach Mark Robison said. "It was the highlight of our day. As a team we did well, but not great. We hope tomorrow we can pick things up a bit."
John Glazier fared well in the long jump for BYU, taking 10th overall, jumping a distance of 22-10.00. Jonathan Ferguson also competed for the Cougars, finishing in 14th place with a mark of 21-09.50.
In the college 60-meter dash preliminaries, Jason Hinds took 13th place, but failed to qualify for the championship heat. He submitted a time of 7.11. Hinds also finished 17th in the 200-meter dash with a time of 22.16.
Cade Lindahl took 18th in the 400-meter dash with a time of 48.24. He failed to qualify for the championship heat, which will take place Saturday. In the 500-meter dash, a race not typically run in indoor competition, Isaac Robison finished in 25th place in 1:07:04.
The New Balance Invitational continues Saturday, highlighted for the Cougars by the men's pole vault. Visit Flotrack.org for live streaming and results of the events.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 93
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 87
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 75
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 20