Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
MAGNA — Fire crews from four agencies fought a two-alarm blaze Friday that burned a two-story home in Magna.
Crews responding to a call about 3:20 p.m. found the house at 7288 Jefferson Road spewing thick, black smoke from all four sides, Unified Fire Capt. Clint Mecham said.
As a team entered the home to begin fighting the fire from within, structural damage that had already occurred forced crews to retreat and call for backup, triggering a two-alarm classification for the blaze. A total of 22 units responded, including crews from West Jordan, West Valley City and South Salt Lake.
The cause and origin are still being investigated, Mecham said. Multiple points of the home caught fire, and the entire structure was filled with smoke, he said.
Mecham said he was unsure whether anyone was in the home at the time the fire reported. No injuries were reported, he said.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 93
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18