Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
MAGNA — Fire crews from four agencies fought a two-alarm blaze Friday that burned a two-story home in Magna.
Crews responding to a call about 3:20 p.m. found the house at 7288 Jefferson Road spewing thick, black smoke from all four sides, Unified Fire Capt. Clint Mecham said.
As a team entered the home to begin fighting the fire from within, structural damage that had already occurred forced crews to retreat and call for backup, triggering a two-alarm classification for the blaze. A total of 22 units responded, including crews from West Jordan, West Valley City and South Salt Lake.
The cause and origin are still being investigated, Mecham said. Multiple points of the home caught fire, and the entire structure was filled with smoke, he said.
Mecham said he was unsure whether anyone was in the home at the time the fire reported. No injuries were reported, he said.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 53
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 28
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12