Utah Jazz leading Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers, 51-36
Ravell Call, Deseret News
The Utah Jazz lead the Portland Trail Blazers at the half, 51-36.
Aided in part by a 20-7 run, the Jazz built their double-digit lead in the second quarter. The Jazz are led in scoring by Paul Millsap with 13 points on 5-for-7 shooting. Millsap finished the first half with one rebound and a block as well.
Besides Millsap, two Jazz players, Al Jefferson and DeMarre Carroll, scored in double figures in the first half. The Jazz as a team are shooting 61 percent from the field and are outrebounding the Trail Blazers 24-13.
Portland, for its part, is led in scoring by LeMarcus Aldredge. He scored his 11th point on a slam dunk with less than 10 seconds remaining. No other Blazer has more than seven points at the half.
This game marks the return of former Weber State University standout Damian Lillard. At the half, Lillard has six points on 3-for-10 shooting, three assists, two turnovers and a blocked shot.
Portland shot poorly in the first half, converting on a mere 33 percent of its shots and turning the ball over seven times. Although the Jazz were efficient on the offensive end, they missed all three of their three-point attempts.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @EarlOfHemsley
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 121
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 33
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20