Utah Jazz leading Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers, 51-36
Ravell Call, Deseret News
The Utah Jazz lead the Portland Trail Blazers at the half, 51-36.
Aided in part by a 20-7 run, the Jazz built their double-digit lead in the second quarter. The Jazz are led in scoring by Paul Millsap with 13 points on 5-for-7 shooting. Millsap finished the first half with one rebound and a block as well.
Besides Millsap, two Jazz players, Al Jefferson and DeMarre Carroll, scored in double figures in the first half. The Jazz as a team are shooting 61 percent from the field and are outrebounding the Trail Blazers 24-13.
Portland, for its part, is led in scoring by LeMarcus Aldredge. He scored his 11th point on a slam dunk with less than 10 seconds remaining. No other Blazer has more than seven points at the half.
This game marks the return of former Weber State University standout Damian Lillard. At the half, Lillard has six points on 3-for-10 shooting, three assists, two turnovers and a blocked shot.
Portland shot poorly in the first half, converting on a mere 33 percent of its shots and turning the ball over seven times. Although the Jazz were efficient on the offensive end, they missed all three of their three-point attempts.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @EarlOfHemsley
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 43
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33