What's new: 'Teach Me to Walk in the Light and Other Children’s Favorites' shares Primary favorites
“TEACH ME TO WALK IN THE LIGHT AND OTHER CHILDREN’S FAVORITES,” by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square, $17.98
The 15 songs the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square perform on their new CD are ones that are frequently taught in Primary Singing Time.
Using arrangements by conductors Mack Wilberg and Ryan Murphy, organist Richard Elliot and others, the songs on “Teach Me to Walk in the Light and Other Children’s Favorites,” sweetly share the truths taught in each song.
“Liberated from artifice, it is in the innocent song of a child that we discover the richest essences of belief, hope, love and gratitude,” is written in the text accompanying the CD.
While the arrangements may differ a bit from the songs learned in Singing Times, it’s still a fun CD to sing along with and use to help familiarize children with these songs.
And there is information with the CD about the songwriters and history of each of the songs.
'Give, Said the Little Stream'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square sing the beloved children's hymn, "'Give,' Said the Little Stream" from their CD "Teach Me to Walk in the Light and Other Children's Favorites."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Watch: LDS musician Lindsey Stirling speaks...
- Ask Angela: Should I end this relationship...
- Sadie Robertson lets her light shine during...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- LDS missionary becomes part of pilgrim...
- Utah mother celebrates Thanksgiving with...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- New friends plan to work together to... 49
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 19
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- John Jones died in a cave, but his... 10
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon 8
- Be thankful — there's a theology... 6
- 7 bizarre ways religious leaders have... 5
- Ask Angela: Should I end this... 5