What's new: 'Teach Me to Walk in the Light and Other Children’s Favorites' shares Primary favorites
“TEACH ME TO WALK IN THE LIGHT AND OTHER CHILDREN’S FAVORITES,” by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square, $17.98
The 15 songs the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square perform on their new CD are ones that are frequently taught in Primary Singing Time.
Using arrangements by conductors Mack Wilberg and Ryan Murphy, organist Richard Elliot and others, the songs on “Teach Me to Walk in the Light and Other Children’s Favorites,” sweetly share the truths taught in each song.
“Liberated from artifice, it is in the innocent song of a child that we discover the richest essences of belief, hope, love and gratitude,” is written in the text accompanying the CD.
While the arrangements may differ a bit from the songs learned in Singing Times, it’s still a fun CD to sing along with and use to help familiarize children with these songs.
And there is information with the CD about the songwriters and history of each of the songs.
'Give, Said the Little Stream'
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square sing the beloved children's hymn, "'Give,' Said the Little Stream" from their CD "Teach Me to Walk in the Light and Other Children's Favorites."
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- Elder D. Todd Christofferson illuminates...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 123
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 78
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its... 53
- Space and religion: How believers view... 23
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 14
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 11
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 10