Utah Utes basketball: Dallin Bachynski returns to practice
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah center Dallin Bachynski returned to practice Thursday — one week after agreeing with head coach Larry Krystkowiak to take a break from active competition.
Krystkowiak made it clear that Bachynski had been on the team all along and that the minimum length of time away from playing was decided in advance.
“He sorted some things out and took care of some business. We met this morning and he feels like he’s ready to go,” Krystkowiak said. “I thought he had a terrific practice. He got a lot issues taken care of that we were dealing with and it’s time to move forward.”
Krystkowiak described the situation as that of a “personal nature.” Bachynski will practice again Friday and then it will decided if “he’s ready for some game time.” The Utes host Colorado on Saturday.
“I think he’s had a period, as of late, where it turned into all Dallin. He internalized a lot of stuff and put a lot of pressure on himself. It just wasn’t conducive to us being a productive team,” Krystkowiak said. “So, I think maybe the week away has allowed him to focus a little bit more on some of those important things.”
Krystkowiak added that Bachynski told him he was “blown away” by the support of his teammates and the coaches throughout the process.
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Dick Harmon: As camps open, Utes, Cougs and...
- Morning links: Former BYU player Paul Lasike...
- Former Utah cornerback Dominque Hatfield...
- High school football: Ben Lomond Scots 2015...
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy... 13