Utah Utes basketball: Dallin Bachynski returns to practice
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah center Dallin Bachynski returned to practice Thursday — one week after agreeing with head coach Larry Krystkowiak to take a break from active competition.
Krystkowiak made it clear that Bachynski had been on the team all along and that the minimum length of time away from playing was decided in advance.
“He sorted some things out and took care of some business. We met this morning and he feels like he’s ready to go,” Krystkowiak said. “I thought he had a terrific practice. He got a lot issues taken care of that we were dealing with and it’s time to move forward.”
Krystkowiak described the situation as that of a “personal nature.” Bachynski will practice again Friday and then it will decided if “he’s ready for some game time.” The Utes host Colorado on Saturday.
“I think he’s had a period, as of late, where it turned into all Dallin. He internalized a lot of stuff and put a lot of pressure on himself. It just wasn’t conducive to us being a productive team,” Krystkowiak said. “So, I think maybe the week away has allowed him to focus a little bit more on some of those important things.”
Krystkowiak added that Bachynski told him he was “blown away” by the support of his teammates and the coaches throughout the process.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22