BYU tennis: Cougars picked to finish 5th in WCC Preseason Poll
PROVO, Utah – The West Coast Conference recently announced the BYU women’s tennis team was chosen to finish fifth in the 2013 Coaches Preseason Poll.
The Cougars, in just their second year in the WCC, received 34 total votes in the poll, just behind fourth-ranked Santa Clara. Pepperdine was picked to be the conference champions for 2013.
Six Cougars are returning from last year’s squad, including two seniors in Aubrey Paul and Andie Young.
BYU finished the 2012 season ranked sixth with a 3-5 mark against conference opponents.
The Cougars will play their first conference match when Portland comes to Provo on March 20.
2013 WCC Women's Tennis Preseason Poll 1. Pepperdine — 61 (6) 2. Saint Mary's — 56 (3) 3. San Diego — 54 4. Santa Clara — 40 5. BYU - 34 6. Loyola Marymount — 28 7. San Francisco — 26 8. Gonzaga — 16 9. Portland — 9 (First place votes)
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for fouling strategy
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Mike Sorensen: Manning's storybook ending...
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 102
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 64
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 25
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22