BYU tennis: Cougars picked to finish 5th in WCC Preseason Poll
PROVO, Utah – The West Coast Conference recently announced the BYU women’s tennis team was chosen to finish fifth in the 2013 Coaches Preseason Poll.
The Cougars, in just their second year in the WCC, received 34 total votes in the poll, just behind fourth-ranked Santa Clara. Pepperdine was picked to be the conference champions for 2013.
Six Cougars are returning from last year’s squad, including two seniors in Aubrey Paul and Andie Young.
BYU finished the 2012 season ranked sixth with a 3-5 mark against conference opponents.
The Cougars will play their first conference match when Portland comes to Provo on March 20.
2013 WCC Women's Tennis Preseason Poll 1. Pepperdine — 61 (6) 2. Saint Mary's — 56 (3) 3. San Diego — 54 4. Santa Clara — 40 5. BYU - 34 6. Loyola Marymount — 28 7. San Francisco — 26 8. Gonzaga — 16 9. Portland — 9 (First place votes)
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Ezekiel Ansah unveils his Turkey Dance...
- BYU football: Cougar defense confident it can...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU deals with tough overtime losses at Maui...
- BYU football: Both BYU and Cal have lots to...
- Utes vow not to look past Buffaloes
- Linebacker Jared Norris is quietly leading...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss... 28
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 28
- Utah lands three-star RB commit and... 25