BYU tennis: Cougars picked to finish 5th in WCC Preseason Poll
PROVO, Utah – The West Coast Conference recently announced the BYU women’s tennis team was chosen to finish fifth in the 2013 Coaches Preseason Poll.
The Cougars, in just their second year in the WCC, received 34 total votes in the poll, just behind fourth-ranked Santa Clara. Pepperdine was picked to be the conference champions for 2013.
Six Cougars are returning from last year’s squad, including two seniors in Aubrey Paul and Andie Young.
BYU finished the 2012 season ranked sixth with a 3-5 mark against conference opponents.
The Cougars will play their first conference match when Portland comes to Provo on March 20.
2013 WCC Women's Tennis Preseason Poll 1. Pepperdine — 61 (6) 2. Saint Mary's — 56 (3) 3. San Diego — 54 4. Santa Clara — 40 5. BYU - 34 6. Loyola Marymount — 28 7. San Francisco — 26 8. Gonzaga — 16 9. Portland — 9 (First place votes)
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43