BYU tennis: Cougars picked to finish 5th in WCC Preseason Poll
PROVO, Utah – The West Coast Conference recently announced the BYU women’s tennis team was chosen to finish fifth in the 2013 Coaches Preseason Poll.
The Cougars, in just their second year in the WCC, received 34 total votes in the poll, just behind fourth-ranked Santa Clara. Pepperdine was picked to be the conference champions for 2013.
Six Cougars are returning from last year’s squad, including two seniors in Aubrey Paul and Andie Young.
BYU finished the 2012 season ranked sixth with a 3-5 mark against conference opponents.
The Cougars will play their first conference match when Portland comes to Provo on March 20.
2013 WCC Women's Tennis Preseason Poll 1. Pepperdine — 61 (6) 2. Saint Mary's — 56 (3) 3. San Diego — 54 4. Santa Clara — 40 5. BYU - 34 6. Loyola Marymount — 28 7. San Francisco — 26 8. Gonzaga — 16 9. Portland — 9 (First place votes)
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native Sealver...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 44
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 40
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 34
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 33
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 31
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Utes get it done at home again 21