SANDY — Canyons School District is seeking community members to serve as volunteer judges in the 2013 District Science Fair.
Judges will have the opportunity to view the work and innovations of students. Ideal candidates should work in a science-related field or have majored in science in college.
The elementary school division competition is 3:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the Canyons Support Services Center, 9361 S. 300 East. Volunteers also are needed for the secondary school division from 3:30 to 7 p.m Thursday, Feb. 21, at the same location.
Those interested can fill out an online registration form and volunteer application at the district website, www.canyonsdistrict.org. All volunteers must pass a criminal background check in accordance with state law.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14