SANDY — Canyons School District is seeking community members to serve as volunteer judges in the 2013 District Science Fair.
Judges will have the opportunity to view the work and innovations of students. Ideal candidates should work in a science-related field or have majored in science in college.
The elementary school division competition is 3:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the Canyons Support Services Center, 9361 S. 300 East. Volunteers also are needed for the secondary school division from 3:30 to 7 p.m Thursday, Feb. 21, at the same location.
Those interested can fill out an online registration form and volunteer application at the district website, www.canyonsdistrict.org. All volunteers must pass a criminal background check in accordance with state law.
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Second victim found of Murray trucker accused...
- Two cyclists killed after Lehi accident
- Historic Star Mill owner sells property;...
- Salt Lake police warn of vinyl fence vandals
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on...
- Alleged mastermind in sex trafficking ring...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 27
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 24
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 22
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 19
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18