SANDY — Canyons School District is seeking community members to serve as volunteer judges in the 2013 District Science Fair.
Judges will have the opportunity to view the work and innovations of students. Ideal candidates should work in a science-related field or have majored in science in college.
The elementary school division competition is 3:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the Canyons Support Services Center, 9361 S. 300 East. Volunteers also are needed for the secondary school division from 3:30 to 7 p.m Thursday, Feb. 21, at the same location.
Those interested can fill out an online registration form and volunteer application at the district website, www.canyonsdistrict.org. All volunteers must pass a criminal background check in accordance with state law.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12