SANDY — Canyons School District is seeking community members to serve as volunteer judges in the 2013 District Science Fair.
Judges will have the opportunity to view the work and innovations of students. Ideal candidates should work in a science-related field or have majored in science in college.
The elementary school division competition is 3:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the Canyons Support Services Center, 9361 S. 300 East. Volunteers also are needed for the secondary school division from 3:30 to 7 p.m Thursday, Feb. 21, at the same location.
Those interested can fill out an online registration form and volunteer application at the district website, www.canyonsdistrict.org. All volunteers must pass a criminal background check in accordance with state law.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26