SANDY — Canyons School District is seeking community members to serve as volunteer judges in the 2013 District Science Fair.
Judges will have the opportunity to view the work and innovations of students. Ideal candidates should work in a science-related field or have majored in science in college.
The elementary school division competition is 3:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the Canyons Support Services Center, 9361 S. 300 East. Volunteers also are needed for the secondary school division from 3:30 to 7 p.m Thursday, Feb. 21, at the same location.
Those interested can fill out an online registration form and volunteer application at the district website, www.canyonsdistrict.org. All volunteers must pass a criminal background check in accordance with state law.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 80
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17