SALT LAKE CITY — Applications to hunt big game animals in Utah will be accepted by the state's Division of Wildlife Resources starting Friday.
Prospective hunters can apply online at www.wildlife.utah.gov. Applications must be received through the website no later than 11 p.m. on March 4 to be entered in the drawing for permits. Results of the 2013 Utah big game draw will be available by May 31.
Also starting Friday, applications will be accepted for every hunt except the general-season bull elk hunt. General-season elk permits will be available on a first-come, first-served basis starting June 27.
More information about applying for permits, including information about a chance to hunt all three deer seasons, and applying for a general-season deer permit, is available online.
For more information, call any DWR office before 5 p.m. on March 4.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21