SALT LAKE CITY — Applications to hunt big game animals in Utah will be accepted by the state's Division of Wildlife Resources starting Friday.
Prospective hunters can apply online at www.wildlife.utah.gov. Applications must be received through the website no later than 11 p.m. on March 4 to be entered in the drawing for permits. Results of the 2013 Utah big game draw will be available by May 31.
Also starting Friday, applications will be accepted for every hunt except the general-season bull elk hunt. General-season elk permits will be available on a first-come, first-served basis starting June 27.
More information about applying for permits, including information about a chance to hunt all three deer seasons, and applying for a general-season deer permit, is available online.
For more information, call any DWR office before 5 p.m. on March 4.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15