SALT LAKE CITY — Applications to hunt big game animals in Utah will be accepted by the state's Division of Wildlife Resources starting Friday.
Prospective hunters can apply online at www.wildlife.utah.gov. Applications must be received through the website no later than 11 p.m. on March 4 to be entered in the drawing for permits. Results of the 2013 Utah big game draw will be available by May 31.
Also starting Friday, applications will be accepted for every hunt except the general-season bull elk hunt. General-season elk permits will be available on a first-come, first-served basis starting June 27.
More information about applying for permits, including information about a chance to hunt all three deer seasons, and applying for a general-season deer permit, is available online.
For more information, call any DWR office before 5 p.m. on March 4.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14