Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
He's been resistant to Twitter, but Paul Millsap opened an account and joined the social-media world Wednesday.
Millsap confirmed that before the game — "I'm going to be doing it," he said — and Mo Williams made sure everybody knew that in the locker room after the Jazz's 104-99 win.
"I'm so proud to introduce someone that you may know all so well. He wears the No. 24. We want to welcome him to Twitter. Everybody with a Twitter in the world, follow @PaulMillsap_24," he said.
Millsap laughed after @MoWilliams claimed the Jazz power forward would soon be the team's leading tweeter.
"I still don't know how it works," Millsap said. "I've got to figure it out. I can't be the king if I don’t know."
There are two things about Twitter that the Jazz do know.
Williams shared Fact 1 about Millsap: "No, no, no, no, no. He is not going to the School of @Enes_Kanter Twitter. No way."
Millsap and Jefferson revealed Fact No. 2.
Millsap laughed when asked if he was going to get Big Al to do Twitter.
"Some people just ain't going to do it," Millsap said. "He's one of them guys."
One locker over, Jefferson quickly interrupted the conversation to back that up.
"I can' t spell that good," he said, laughing.
Millsap will get some help with the handling of his Twitter account from a local social-media marketing company, 97th Floor. But the Jazz forward admitted he'll be tweeting — once he learns, that is.
"I don’t know if I'm going to do it tonight. I'm still new at this," he said. "I still don't know what to do. I've got to learn."
Jazz fans only hope Millsap doesn't follow Williams' advice and takes some tweeting tips from Kanter.
- High school football: Defense, big plays pave...
- High school football: Timpview overcomes...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high...
- Championship Friday, live streams, stats and...
- Dick Harmon: Utah tries to break out of...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The championship edition
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 142
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 114
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 36
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 33
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 28
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21
- Dick Harmon: Hard-hitting safety Craig... 19