Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
He's been resistant to Twitter, but Paul Millsap opened an account and joined the social-media world Wednesday.
Millsap confirmed that before the game — "I'm going to be doing it," he said — and Mo Williams made sure everybody knew that in the locker room after the Jazz's 104-99 win.
"I'm so proud to introduce someone that you may know all so well. He wears the No. 24. We want to welcome him to Twitter. Everybody with a Twitter in the world, follow @PaulMillsap_24," he said.
Millsap laughed after @MoWilliams claimed the Jazz power forward would soon be the team's leading tweeter.
"I still don't know how it works," Millsap said. "I've got to figure it out. I can't be the king if I don’t know."
There are two things about Twitter that the Jazz do know.
Williams shared Fact 1 about Millsap: "No, no, no, no, no. He is not going to the School of @Enes_Kanter Twitter. No way."
Millsap and Jefferson revealed Fact No. 2.
Millsap laughed when asked if he was going to get Big Al to do Twitter.
"Some people just ain't going to do it," Millsap said. "He's one of them guys."
One locker over, Jefferson quickly interrupted the conversation to back that up.
"I can' t spell that good," he said, laughing.
Millsap will get some help with the handling of his Twitter account from a local social-media marketing company, 97th Floor. But the Jazz forward admitted he'll be tweeting — once he learns, that is.
"I don’t know if I'm going to do it tonight. I'm still new at this," he said. "I still don't know what to do. I've got to learn."
Jazz fans only hope Millsap doesn't follow Williams' advice and takes some tweeting tips from Kanter.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 43
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 35
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25