Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
He's been resistant to Twitter, but Paul Millsap opened an account and joined the social-media world Wednesday.
Millsap confirmed that before the game — "I'm going to be doing it," he said — and Mo Williams made sure everybody knew that in the locker room after the Jazz's 104-99 win.
"I'm so proud to introduce someone that you may know all so well. He wears the No. 24. We want to welcome him to Twitter. Everybody with a Twitter in the world, follow @PaulMillsap_24," he said.
Millsap laughed after @MoWilliams claimed the Jazz power forward would soon be the team's leading tweeter.
"I still don't know how it works," Millsap said. "I've got to figure it out. I can't be the king if I don’t know."
There are two things about Twitter that the Jazz do know.
Williams shared Fact 1 about Millsap: "No, no, no, no, no. He is not going to the School of @Enes_Kanter Twitter. No way."
Millsap and Jefferson revealed Fact No. 2.
Millsap laughed when asked if he was going to get Big Al to do Twitter.
"Some people just ain't going to do it," Millsap said. "He's one of them guys."
One locker over, Jefferson quickly interrupted the conversation to back that up.
"I can' t spell that good," he said, laughing.
Millsap will get some help with the handling of his Twitter account from a local social-media marketing company, 97th Floor. But the Jazz forward admitted he'll be tweeting — once he learns, that is.
"I don’t know if I'm going to do it tonight. I'm still new at this," he said. "I still don't know what to do. I've got to learn."
Jazz fans only hope Millsap doesn't follow Williams' advice and takes some tweeting tips from Kanter.
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utes' center Jakob Poeltl says he'll return...
- BYU football: Cougars face even more...
- Dick Harmon: Lone Peak's Quincy Lewis among...
- Nothing to frown about: 3 baby arrivals in 3...
- Yeomans: What does it mean for Jimmer...
- Soccer: Taylor Booth is a 13-year-old phenom...
- The Pit is no place anyone wants to be, yet...
- Utes' center Jakob Poeltl says he'll... 56
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 35
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 28
- BYU football: Cougars face even more... 21
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 16
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a... 16
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe... 11