High school boys basketball: Roy picks up huge region win behind star center Brekkott Chapman
With 7:02 in the fourth, Sky View took its first lead since 2-0 when Moore hammered home a two-handed putback dunk for a 51-49 advantage.
Moore tallied a game-high 29 points and Ty Nielsen added 14 points for the Bobcats.
With the game tied at 58-58 with three minutes and a few seconds remaining, Jackson followed a miss with a one-handed acrobatic tip-in. Then, after Moore hit two free throws, Roy went on a 7-0 run highlighted by Jackson’s baseline jumper at 2:17.
“If you’ve got four guys in double figures then you’re going to be tough to beat,” McClure said. “Really more than just total points it was times when they scored — they hit some big shots.”
A straightaway banked 3-pointer by Nielsen gave Sky View a chance, but Moore's potential game-tying trey bounced twice on the cylinder and rimmed out.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34