School bus drives into ditch on snowy Cache County road
, Cache County Sheriff Department
TRENTON, Cache County — No one was injured Wednesday when a school bus carrying three children and two aides slid into a canal and landed on its side.
The Cache County Sheriff's Office reported the children were calm and doing well as they were evaluated by medical personnel Wednesday afternoon. One of the students, who is in a wheelchair, couldn't exit the marooned bus but was carried out by emergency responders.
The accident occurred as the bus was driving on 400 East in Trenton about 4:15 p.m. Police said the drifted snow made the lane of travel difficult to distinguish, and the bus driver moved too close to the edge of the road, causing the bus to slide into the canal.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 14