School bus drives into ditch on snowy Cache County road
, Cache County Sheriff Department
TRENTON, Cache County — No one was injured Wednesday when a school bus carrying three children and two aides slid into a canal and landed on its side.
The Cache County Sheriff's Office reported the children were calm and doing well as they were evaluated by medical personnel Wednesday afternoon. One of the students, who is in a wheelchair, couldn't exit the marooned bus but was carried out by emergency responders.
The accident occurred as the bus was driving on 400 East in Trenton about 4:15 p.m. Police said the drifted snow made the lane of travel difficult to distinguish, and the bus driver moved too close to the edge of the road, causing the bus to slide into the canal.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9
- A.G. Sean Reyes took donation from... 8