School bus drives into ditch on snowy Cache County road
, Cache County Sheriff Department
TRENTON, Cache County — No one was injured Wednesday when a school bus carrying three children and two aides slid into a canal and landed on its side.
The Cache County Sheriff's Office reported the children were calm and doing well as they were evaluated by medical personnel Wednesday afternoon. One of the students, who is in a wheelchair, couldn't exit the marooned bus but was carried out by emergency responders.
The accident occurred as the bus was driving on 400 East in Trenton about 4:15 p.m. Police said the drifted snow made the lane of travel difficult to distinguish, and the bus driver moved too close to the edge of the road, causing the bus to slide into the canal.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9