School bus drives into ditch on snowy Cache County road
, Cache County Sheriff Department
TRENTON, Cache County — No one was injured Wednesday when a school bus carrying three children and two aides slid into a canal and landed on its side.
The Cache County Sheriff's Office reported the children were calm and doing well as they were evaluated by medical personnel Wednesday afternoon. One of the students, who is in a wheelchair, couldn't exit the marooned bus but was carried out by emergency responders.
The accident occurred as the bus was driving on 400 East in Trenton about 4:15 p.m. Police said the drifted snow made the lane of travel difficult to distinguish, and the bus driver moved too close to the edge of the road, causing the bus to slide into the canal.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27