School bus drives into ditch on snowy Cache County road
, Cache County Sheriff Department
TRENTON, Cache County — No one was injured Wednesday when a school bus carrying three children and two aides slid into a canal and landed on its side.
The Cache County Sheriff's Office reported the children were calm and doing well as they were evaluated by medical personnel Wednesday afternoon. One of the students, who is in a wheelchair, couldn't exit the marooned bus but was carried out by emergency responders.
The accident occurred as the bus was driving on 400 East in Trenton about 4:15 p.m. Police said the drifted snow made the lane of travel difficult to distinguish, and the bus driver moved too close to the edge of the road, causing the bus to slide into the canal.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8