OREM, Utah — In their final meet prior to the Great West Conference Championships, the Utah Valley University men's and women's indoor track and field teams will compete at the Mountain States Games hosted by Idaho State University on Friday and Saturday and the Boise State Classic on Saturday in Nampa, Idaho.
Competition in Pocatello, Idaho, gets underway with multi-events at noon, while field events begin at 5:30 p.m. Saturday's events begin at 9:30 a.m.
In Boise, the Wolverines will compete against host Boise State, Fresno State, Utah State, Utah, Cal State Los Angeles, Cal State Stanislaus, Northwest Nazarene, College of Idaho, Eastern Oregon and Treasure Valley Community College.
Field events beging at 9 a.m. and running events begin at 10:30 a.m.
At the BYU Invitational in early January, Allah Laryea-Akrong shattered his own school record by nearly one-tenth of a second in the 60m with the time of 6.69 seconds. Teammate Nicholas Taylor tied the old school record of 6.78 in the same event.
Following this weekend's events, the Wolverines, who were projected by the Great West Conference coaches to win the league title in both men and women, will compete in the GWC Championships on Feb. 23-24 in Newark, N.J.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 122
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 37
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 36
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21