OREM, Utah — In their final meet prior to the Great West Conference Championships, the Utah Valley University men's and women's indoor track and field teams will compete at the Mountain States Games hosted by Idaho State University on Friday and Saturday and the Boise State Classic on Saturday in Nampa, Idaho.
Competition in Pocatello, Idaho, gets underway with multi-events at noon, while field events begin at 5:30 p.m. Saturday's events begin at 9:30 a.m.
In Boise, the Wolverines will compete against host Boise State, Fresno State, Utah State, Utah, Cal State Los Angeles, Cal State Stanislaus, Northwest Nazarene, College of Idaho, Eastern Oregon and Treasure Valley Community College.
Field events beging at 9 a.m. and running events begin at 10:30 a.m.
At the BYU Invitational in early January, Allah Laryea-Akrong shattered his own school record by nearly one-tenth of a second in the 60m with the time of 6.69 seconds. Teammate Nicholas Taylor tied the old school record of 6.78 in the same event.
Following this weekend's events, the Wolverines, who were projected by the Great West Conference coaches to win the league title in both men and women, will compete in the GWC Championships on Feb. 23-24 in Newark, N.J.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42