OREM, Utah — In their final meet prior to the Great West Conference Championships, the Utah Valley University men's and women's indoor track and field teams will compete at the Mountain States Games hosted by Idaho State University on Friday and Saturday and the Boise State Classic on Saturday in Nampa, Idaho.
Competition in Pocatello, Idaho, gets underway with multi-events at noon, while field events begin at 5:30 p.m. Saturday's events begin at 9:30 a.m.
In Boise, the Wolverines will compete against host Boise State, Fresno State, Utah State, Utah, Cal State Los Angeles, Cal State Stanislaus, Northwest Nazarene, College of Idaho, Eastern Oregon and Treasure Valley Community College.
Field events beging at 9 a.m. and running events begin at 10:30 a.m.
At the BYU Invitational in early January, Allah Laryea-Akrong shattered his own school record by nearly one-tenth of a second in the 60m with the time of 6.69 seconds. Teammate Nicholas Taylor tied the old school record of 6.78 in the same event.
Following this weekend's events, the Wolverines, who were projected by the Great West Conference coaches to win the league title in both men and women, will compete in the GWC Championships on Feb. 23-24 in Newark, N.J.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 110
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 34
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20