OREM, Utah — In their final meet prior to the Great West Conference Championships, the Utah Valley University men's and women's indoor track and field teams will compete at the Mountain States Games hosted by Idaho State University on Friday and Saturday and the Boise State Classic on Saturday in Nampa, Idaho.
Competition in Pocatello, Idaho, gets underway with multi-events at noon, while field events begin at 5:30 p.m. Saturday's events begin at 9:30 a.m.
In Boise, the Wolverines will compete against host Boise State, Fresno State, Utah State, Utah, Cal State Los Angeles, Cal State Stanislaus, Northwest Nazarene, College of Idaho, Eastern Oregon and Treasure Valley Community College.
Field events beging at 9 a.m. and running events begin at 10:30 a.m.
At the BYU Invitational in early January, Allah Laryea-Akrong shattered his own school record by nearly one-tenth of a second in the 60m with the time of 6.69 seconds. Teammate Nicholas Taylor tied the old school record of 6.78 in the same event.
Following this weekend's events, the Wolverines, who were projected by the Great West Conference coaches to win the league title in both men and women, will compete in the GWC Championships on Feb. 23-24 in Newark, N.J.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33