Weber State men's basketball: Wildcats hope to buck losing streak at North Dakota
GRAND FORKS, N.D. — The Weber State men's basketball team has started yet another streak, but for the Wildcats it’s one they’d like to put to rest sooner rather than later.
After winning nine straight games, WSU (13-5, 8-2) couldn’t get out of the state of Montana quicker — dropping consecutive games to Montana State and Montana. The game against rival Montana featured a scuffle during postgame handshakes.
The ‘Cats now head to the western banks of the Red River of the North in Grand Forks, N.D., to play North Dakota (8-11, 5-5) Thursday in the third of a four-game road swing. Tipoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. at Sioux Center.
In the first meeting in Ogden in early January, Weber State handled UND, which currently is mascotless after dropping its Fighting Sioux nickname, 95-63. The 32-point margin was the largest conference win in nearly four years for WSU.
North Dakota, which typically plays a four-guard, one-forward lineup, is led by a tandem of guards: Troy Huff (18.8 ppg) and Aaron Anderson (14 ppg). Anderson had a game-high 23 points against the Wildcats previously.
A growing area of concern is WSU's inability to finish when the game is on the line. In games decided by 10 points or less the Wildcats are 4-5 and are 2-3 in games that are within five points. Both losses last week came within those parameters.
Wildcats on the Air:
Weber State (13-5, 8-2) at North Dakota (8-11, 5-5)
Thursday, 6 p.m.
Sioux Center, Grand Forks, N.D.,
Radio: 1280 AM
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7