Weber State men's basketball: Wildcats hope to buck losing streak at North Dakota
GRAND FORKS, N.D. — The Weber State men's basketball team has started yet another streak, but for the Wildcats it’s one they’d like to put to rest sooner rather than later.
After winning nine straight games, WSU (13-5, 8-2) couldn’t get out of the state of Montana quicker — dropping consecutive games to Montana State and Montana. The game against rival Montana featured a scuffle during postgame handshakes.
The ‘Cats now head to the western banks of the Red River of the North in Grand Forks, N.D., to play North Dakota (8-11, 5-5) Thursday in the third of a four-game road swing. Tipoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. at Sioux Center.
In the first meeting in Ogden in early January, Weber State handled UND, which currently is mascotless after dropping its Fighting Sioux nickname, 95-63. The 32-point margin was the largest conference win in nearly four years for WSU.
North Dakota, which typically plays a four-guard, one-forward lineup, is led by a tandem of guards: Troy Huff (18.8 ppg) and Aaron Anderson (14 ppg). Anderson had a game-high 23 points against the Wildcats previously.
A growing area of concern is WSU's inability to finish when the game is on the line. In games decided by 10 points or less the Wildcats are 4-5 and are 2-3 in games that are within five points. Both losses last week came within those parameters.
Wildcats on the Air:
Weber State (13-5, 8-2) at North Dakota (8-11, 5-5)
Thursday, 6 p.m.
Sioux Center, Grand Forks, N.D.,
Radio: 1280 AM
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles West...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to the...
- With rookie Dante Exum in starting lineup,...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- Gutsy guard: Perseverance has paid off for...
- Wells brings in 2 new coordinators to...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 97
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 87
- Memphis to punish 12 players for role... 78
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 59
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 52
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 50
- Morning links: Home stretch of... 31
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 26