Weber State men's basketball: Wildcats hope to buck losing streak at North Dakota
GRAND FORKS, N.D. — The Weber State men's basketball team has started yet another streak, but for the Wildcats it’s one they’d like to put to rest sooner rather than later.
After winning nine straight games, WSU (13-5, 8-2) couldn’t get out of the state of Montana quicker — dropping consecutive games to Montana State and Montana. The game against rival Montana featured a scuffle during postgame handshakes.
The ‘Cats now head to the western banks of the Red River of the North in Grand Forks, N.D., to play North Dakota (8-11, 5-5) Thursday in the third of a four-game road swing. Tipoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. at Sioux Center.
In the first meeting in Ogden in early January, Weber State handled UND, which currently is mascotless after dropping its Fighting Sioux nickname, 95-63. The 32-point margin was the largest conference win in nearly four years for WSU.
North Dakota, which typically plays a four-guard, one-forward lineup, is led by a tandem of guards: Troy Huff (18.8 ppg) and Aaron Anderson (14 ppg). Anderson had a game-high 23 points against the Wildcats previously.
A growing area of concern is WSU's inability to finish when the game is on the line. In games decided by 10 points or less the Wildcats are 4-5 and are 2-3 in games that are within five points. Both losses last week came within those parameters.
Wildcats on the Air:
Weber State (13-5, 8-2) at North Dakota (8-11, 5-5)
Thursday, 6 p.m.
Sioux Center, Grand Forks, N.D.,
Radio: 1280 AM
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48