Weber State men's basketball: Wildcats hope to buck losing streak at North Dakota
GRAND FORKS, N.D. — The Weber State men's basketball team has started yet another streak, but for the Wildcats it’s one they’d like to put to rest sooner rather than later.
After winning nine straight games, WSU (13-5, 8-2) couldn’t get out of the state of Montana quicker — dropping consecutive games to Montana State and Montana. The game against rival Montana featured a scuffle during postgame handshakes.
The ‘Cats now head to the western banks of the Red River of the North in Grand Forks, N.D., to play North Dakota (8-11, 5-5) Thursday in the third of a four-game road swing. Tipoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. at Sioux Center.
In the first meeting in Ogden in early January, Weber State handled UND, which currently is mascotless after dropping its Fighting Sioux nickname, 95-63. The 32-point margin was the largest conference win in nearly four years for WSU.
North Dakota, which typically plays a four-guard, one-forward lineup, is led by a tandem of guards: Troy Huff (18.8 ppg) and Aaron Anderson (14 ppg). Anderson had a game-high 23 points against the Wildcats previously.
A growing area of concern is WSU's inability to finish when the game is on the line. In games decided by 10 points or less the Wildcats are 4-5 and are 2-3 in games that are within five points. Both losses last week came within those parameters.
Wildcats on the Air:
Weber State (13-5, 8-2) at North Dakota (8-11, 5-5)
Thursday, 6 p.m.
Sioux Center, Grand Forks, N.D.,
Radio: 1280 AM
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- Utah Jazz: Terry Rozier’s toughness...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Utah Jazz host third pre-draft workout,...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 39
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11
- BYU baseball team confident entering... 8