USU track & field: Aggies make return trip to Boise for Bronco Classic on Saturday
The Utah State men's and women's track and field teams return to Nampa, Idaho, this weekend to compete at Boise State's Bronco Classic at Jacksons Indoor Track at the Idaho Center on Saturday, Feb. 2.
This is the second of three trips to the Jacksons Indoor Track for the Aggies this season, as they competed at the Jacksons/New Balance Invitational on Jan. 25-26 and will return for the Boise State Team Challenge on Feb. 8-9.
Action will begin at Jacksons Indoor Track with the women's high jump at 9 a.m. (MT) and is set to conclude with the men's 4x400m relay at 3:50 p.m. All times are subject to change. Live results for the Bronco Classic will be available for fans to view by clicking on the 'Live Results' link on the USU athletic website.
"Boise State has a great track and it is close for us, so it is always an easy choice to take our athletes to compete there," USU head coach Gregg Gensel said. "With Boise State staying in the Mountain West we will continue to be able to compete against them. Our athletes are familiar and comfortable with the facilities and the town, which makes traveling much easier."
Competing against USU from the NCAA Division I level will be Fresno State, Utah, Utah Valley and Boise State. At the NCAA Division II level, Cal State Los Angeles, Cal State Stanislaus and Northwest Nazarene will be in attendance, while the College of Idaho and Eastern Oregon — NAIA affiliates — will join Treasure Valley Community College and additional club teams as participants in the meet.
The Aggie men enter this weekend ranked fourth in the Mountain Region behind Texas Tech, No. 17 BYU and New Mexico, while the Aggie women sit at No. 18 in the region. The regional team index uses data provided by the Track & Field Results Reporting System for only the 2013 indoor season and is a reflection of a team's all-around strength.
Utah State track & field will be busy next Friday and Saturday, Feb. 8-9, as some athletes will return to Nampa, Idaho, for the Boise State Team Challenge, while others will be returning to Albuquerque, N.M., for the Don Kirby Elite Invitational. A select number of Aggies will also travel to Seattle, Wash., for the University of Washington hosted Husky Classic.
The 2013 Western Athletic Conference Indoor Championships will also be held in Albuquerque, N.M., on Feb. 21-23. USU is competing in its final year in the WAC before joining the Mountain West Conference later this year.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 63
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22