SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District and the Salt Lake Education Foundation, in partnership with the Grand America Hotel, have announced the Academic Team Awards for student growth on Criterion Referenced Tests last spring.
The awards by grade level are: kindergarten, Edison Elementary School; first grade, Jackson Elementary School; second grade, Escalante Elementary School; third grade, Newman Elementary School; fourth grade, Franklin Elementary School; fifth grade, Rose Park Elementary School; sixth grade, Washington Elementary School; middle school language arts, Hillside Middle School; middle school math, Northwest Middle School; and middle school science, Clayton Middle School.
Forty teachers on teams from 10 schools will be recognized in upcoming faculty meetings for having the highest overall student gains in language arts, mathematics and science in the 2011-12 school year.
The teachers will receive a special gift from the Grand America Hotel and a certificate of recognition from the superintendent and the Salt Lake Education Foundation.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12