SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District and the Salt Lake Education Foundation, in partnership with the Grand America Hotel, have announced the Academic Team Awards for student growth on Criterion Referenced Tests last spring.
The awards by grade level are: kindergarten, Edison Elementary School; first grade, Jackson Elementary School; second grade, Escalante Elementary School; third grade, Newman Elementary School; fourth grade, Franklin Elementary School; fifth grade, Rose Park Elementary School; sixth grade, Washington Elementary School; middle school language arts, Hillside Middle School; middle school math, Northwest Middle School; and middle school science, Clayton Middle School.
Forty teachers on teams from 10 schools will be recognized in upcoming faculty meetings for having the highest overall student gains in language arts, mathematics and science in the 2011-12 school year.
The teachers will receive a special gift from the Grand America Hotel and a certificate of recognition from the superintendent and the Salt Lake Education Foundation.
- Women innovators leading by example
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10