"STAND IN HOLY PLACES," by Lyndsi Houskeeper, Covenant Communications, $9.99
The LDS Church's theme for Young Men and Young Women this year, “Stand Ye in Holy Places” (see Doctrine and Covenants 87:8), was the inspiration for Lyndsi Houskeeper's newest album, “Stand in Holy Places.” Houskeeper, a singer-songwriter, uses her personal experiences to write songs that are touching and elevating. Complete with 16 tracks, this CD is targeted specifically to youths, though its messages are universal and meant to give hope to all listeners.
The title track, "What Will I Stand For," calls on the youths of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to find the courage to make the right choices while they are young. The question-and-promise format of this song pulls into the lyrics a version of a familiar theme: “Choose the right.” Houskeeper has included the sheet music for “What Will I Stand For” on her personal blog at lyndsihmusic.blogspot.com.
"Shoes" brings to mind the trials everyone faces, and urges listeners to have a thankful heart despite those challenges. The song "Because I Love Him" highlights Houskeeper's strong vocals, and infuses the listener with a simple message. Her rendition of “How Great Thou Art” shows the depth of feeling she brings into each word of the song.
As a bonus, Houskeeper has included seven tracks as both voice and instrumental. The instrumental versions may be used freely to accompany youths' voices in firesides, New Beginnings, Evenings of Excellence and other activities.
Houskeeper, a motivational speaker and mother of three, has grown a loyal audience over the past 10 years. Her desire in writing and sharing music is to uplift others with her gift. Her latest album does just that, and leaves the listener with a resolve to make better choices, seek for hope, and capture light while standing in holy places.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 42
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 34
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 31
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 14
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10