SALT LAKE CITY — A personal trainer has been charged with having an illegal sexual relationship with one of his teenage clients.
Benjamin JD Mora, 27, of American Fork, was charged in 3rd District Court with three counts of object rape and four counts of forcible sodomy, all first-degree felonies; and four counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
Because Mora was the girl's trainer and held a position of trust over his victim, he faces enhanced charges. Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya refused Wednesday to say where Mora was employed.
The girl recounted to investigators four alleged incidents of sexual misconduct between July and October of 2012, according to court documents. The girl was 15 and has since turned 16. She said the incidents typically took place in Mora's car while parked in a store parking lot.
Salt Lake police said they learned of the incidents after the girl's parents suspected something and confronted her. There was no evidence as of Wednesday that there were additional victims.
An initial appearance was held in 3rd District Court on Tuesday. Mora's next court date is scheduled for Feb. 15.
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Top Ten Spring Activities for Utah Families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 76
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 61
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24