LESLIE BARBARO, MCT
While you’d go to great lengths to keep your family safe, why pay more for life insurance than you have to? Buying term life insurance is much less expensive than other forms, according to an article from Free From Broke.
Simple term insurance extends for a specific period of time, sometimes five, 10 or 15 years. The premiums are a fraction for the equivalent of whole life insurance. There are also other factors to consider when searching for life insurance.
Maybe this boat has already sailed, but buying when young and healthy saves a lot of money, Glen Craig said in his article. Health issues raise premiums or deny coverage completely. Age itself affects the price.
Since health affects the price, do what you can to improve health before a life insurance exam, which generally includes a blood test. Watch carbs, alcohol and ice cream the week before your test.
Bundle with other policies
Look into the options of insurance with companies you already use. If you already do business with them, they may offer cheap policies to retain your business.
Otherwise get quotes from insurance companies that you don’t use and send the quotes to your current providers. They may give a better rate.
Live clean and safe
Dangerous behaviors like your driving record indicate aggressiveness. Slow down and you could pay lower premiums.
After exhausting sources you know, look at other insurance companies to compare what they have to offer.
- How much does President Obama donate to his...
- Which county in Utah has the least poverty?
- The dangers of financially illiterate...
- Balancing act: French ban on after-hours...
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we thought
- Dave Ramsey says: Invest in growth stock...
- What increasing rent costs mean for the urban...
- Utah consumer prices up 1.4 percent over one...
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 29
- How much does President Obama donate to... 26
- White House equal pay push faces... 18
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we... 8
- Balancing act: French ban on... 6
- Do we work too much, or too little? 5
- U.S. 'tax freedom day' is 3 days later... 4
- Savers beware: Fees may be shrinking... 2