Griffee said she tries to avoid going out to eat and keeps her thermostat on 68, to avoid emitting fumes. “I just wear a sweater in the house and ask myself if we can’t just stay in for dinner tonight.”
Udell drives a hybrid car that emits nearly zero emissions and consciously shovels her walks when it snows, rather than using a diesel powered snow blower. “Whenever I see people shoveling, I thank them,” Udell said.
The group is also working to address poor air quality in school buildings, developing programs that give students options for physical activity indoors when the air outside is unhealthy, Udell said. They will be meeting with different school boards in upcoming weeks.
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- As times get better can you keep a leash on...
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of the...
- Millennials relying on prepaid cards and...
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey on trust
- Want a better return on your college...
- Got weeds? Hire a goat
- Utah high school students receive engineering...
- Want a better return on your college... 17
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 17
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey... 10
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of... 6
- Got weeds? Hire a goat 2
- Private school in Texas gives students... 2
- Highly efficient 'passive homes' gain... 1
- Secret to Prism program: It's just one... 1